01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Electric door lock connected directly to indoor station (DS-KH6351-WTE1) how to configure with outdoor station (DS-KV8113-WME(C))?

freextr

All the connections looks to be working after setup except when the call comes from the outdoor unit the unlock function on the indoor unit seems to send the signal to the outdoor unit as I can hear the relay click in the outdoor unit. I have connected the door lock to the power supply and to the indoor unit for better security. I have put the relay icon on the desktop of the indoor unit and if activated it unlocks the door so this would mean I have connected the cables correctly.
The problem should be in the configuration I think as I could not find any info how to set up this kind of wiring. I have tried to enable the relay settings in the Calling Linkage but it did not work (I was not sure what I was doing it was just test and trial). After some time in the config panels of both units I see that they can be setup as main/sub/extension for the indoor unit and villa door station/doorphone for outdoor station. This gives too many possible settings and thus I am asking here. I assume that setting the outdoor unit to doorphone and the indoor unit to be Main unit would do the trick but would then the unlocking on the outdoor unit still be possible? Another setting I see fit is setting the indoor unit as sub door station - is this it?
Hope I wrote in understandable way :D

Hi, alarm output on indoor unit is not ment for electric lock. Two relays on outdoor unit are ment for electric lock.
That alarm output on indoor unit can be linked to incoming calls or alarm inputs but not with unlock button.
If you want better security use security module : DS-K2M060

If you have one on one setup (one outdoor and one indoor) you need to set your outdoor unit as main door station (as it is by default) and leave indoor unit as it is. I think that the best thigh for you is to factory default all of your equipment and connect electric lock to outdoor unit (or buy this security module).

Hi, alarm output on indoor unit is not ment for electric lock. Two relays on outdoor unit are ment for electric lock.
That alarm output on indoor unit can be linked to incoming calls or alarm inputs but not with unlock button.
If you want better security use security module : DS-K2M060

If you have one on one setup (one outdoor and one indoor) you need to set your outdoor unit as main door station (as it is by default) and leave indoor unit as it is. I think that the best thigh for you is to factory default all of your equipment and connect electric lock to outdoor unit (or buy this security module).
Its not an alarm output it is NO1/NO2 and COM1/COM2 terminal - I think its new on this device and not available before on indoor stations.
*edit The main reason I went with the more expensive indoor unit
DS-KH6351-WTE1.jpg

Last edited:
Like I said. I wrote ticket to Hik HQ and will get back to you.

IMG-20240117-WA0017.jpg

Relay are only for linking with calls (like when you get a call from outdoor you can have some signal on thitd party device).

2024-01-17 10_21_01-iVMS-4200.png

Ok understand what you are telling me but still my model is not like in the image. Mine is this

indoor.png

Thanks for contacting hikvision support it was my next step if here would be no solution

Doesn't matter, you have different housing but nothing else different. If you look closely you'll see NO1, COM1 , NO2 and COM2 on both.

Here is official respond from Hik support.
2024-01-18 08_01_28-Inbox - Zvonimir.Soldo@kamir.hr - Outlook.png

I will have to write to them. Im am very angry as on their website it clearly states that it has lock control. WTF?
Also as I already wrote I can open the door with the indoor unit with enable COM1 custom button on the mainscreen.

Have you asked them what this means?
  • Lock control 2 relays, Max. 30 VDC 0.3 A

Attachments

• 20240118_090550[1].jpg
    20240118_090550[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
When you enable custom buttons you can do it, but not trought incoming call. Unlock within call is directly connected to lock on outdoor unit.

Believe me I'm not suprised by that. We are official HIK distributor in Croatia and we see a lot of mistakes or wrong statements in their datasheets.

So this is only a software limitation and could be a feature if added by HIK .............

Back