01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry How to call from an indoor extension to another indoor station?

thecyborg

So I have building A (me) and building B (my parents), everything is connected to the same local network because we have the two buildings wired together.

(Building A) has: Indoor Station (VDI6007-WTE) and two Indoor Extension (VDI6007-WTE) and the outdoor unit is (DS-KV8413). All good, I can answer on any of those 3 units if someone presses my button. I even assigned the other buttons to call the unit of Building A so anyone can reach my parents from my home. I can also call my parents through my main indoor station to theirs and vice-versa on their side.

(Building B) has:Indoor Station (VDI6007-WTE) and an Indoor Extension (VDI6007-WTE) and an outdoor unit (DS-KV8113). All is well, when I ring the door button, both units ring and you answer on either one.

The issue: How can I make a call from any of my two indoor extensions to my parents? I can only call my indoor station or my other indoor extension. The same goes for my parents, they can only call either of their units. What am I missing? I think such a thing should work.

I though about setting every station as "indoor station" and thus you could call any unit you want, but then I have a different problem that only one unit can ring if a button is pressed on the outdoor unit. And I have far too few buttons to assign for each unit and that would not even make sense for visitors to keep pressing buttons and see if I'm near the station to answer.
Also I would like to ask another question. If I call from my indoor station my parents, both their indoor station and extension are ringing. If they do the same, only my indoor station rings and not both the other two extensions (that only works for outdoor button press).

I clearly have something missconfigured and I'm hoping to get help here.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read my problem. Best regards, Mike.

Hello,

did you solve this I have the same problem.

I have 2 buildings.

Each building has 1x DS-KV8113 door unit + 1x DS-KH9310-WTE1(B) indoor unit + 2x DS-KH6320-WTE1-W indoor extension.

Door units can ring their respective indoor units. Indoor units ring their extensions.

How can I call from 1 building to another via any indoor unit or extension? I couldn't find any solution.

With the indoor station you can call the other indoor station in the second building.. But not from extension, i don't know why..

Back