01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision Outdoor station with Sliding gate motor?

hikvisionMe

I have recently acquired an indoor and outdoor station, DS-KH9510-WTE1 (B) & DS-KV8113-WME1 (B) respectively.
The aim is to control (i.e. open and maybe close) main and side gates. The side gate is a maglock whilst the main gate is a sliding gate motor; the motor is a Nice Robous 1000.
My question is around the wiring setup; for the maglock a standard connection from NC1 and COMS line on the DS-KV8113 is sufficient for opening the gate. However for the sliding gate motor, the datasheet simply shows a connection to an NO and COMS line. Although the datasheet doesn't explicitly suggest a relay, would I need a relay between the outdoor station and the motor?
Is a direct NO & COMS from outdoor station to motor correct? Bearing in mind that NO & COMS line is a 12 volts

I have attached the datasheet of the Nice motor and the outdoor station.

Any recommedatuin is welcomed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• idv0620a01en.pdf
    11.9 MB · Views: 143
  • UD20197B-C_Baseline_Multi-Lingual_Video-Intercom-8-Series-Villa-Door-Station_QSG_V2.2.3.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 185
You only have one lock output. It is volt free common, normally open, normally closed.

• If you're using it for the maglock you'll put +12V to common and connect the normally closed to the +12V connection of the lock
  • If you're using it for the gate motor you'll leave it volt free and connect common and normally open to the ground and open connection on the gate controller
It sounds as though you want to open both gates using the one lock output?. I'd not recommend that - you don't want the sliding gate opening each time you open the pedestrian gate. It is possible though...You would simply connect a 12V DC coil double pole relay to the outdoor station lock output:
  • +12V to the outdoor station lock output common
  • outdoor station lock output normally open and 0V across the coil of the double pole relay
  • common and normally open of that double pole relay to your sliding gate controller
  • +12V switched through the other common and normally closed on the relay for your maglock
It would be better to use the intercom lock output for one gate and open the other using another method - perhaps use a Hikvision camera or NVR alarm output? Or integrate it with a smart home controller.

You only have one lock output. It is volt free common, normally open, normally closed.

• If you're using it for the maglock you'll put +12V to common and connect the normally closed to the +12V connection of the lock
  • If you're using it for the gate motor you'll leave it volt free and connect common and normally open to the ground and open connection on the gate controller
It sounds as though you want to open both gates using the one lock output?. I'd not recommend that - you don't want the sliding gate opening each time you open the pedestrian gate. It is possible though...You would simply connect a 12V DC coil double pole relay to the outdoor station lock output:
  • +12V to the outdoor station lock output common
  • outdoor station lock output normally open and 0V across the coil of the double pole relay
  • common and normally open of that double pole relay to your sliding gate controller
  • +12V switched through the other common and normally closed on the relay for your maglock
It would be better to use the intercom lock output for one gate and open the other using another method - perhaps use a Hikvision camera or NVR alarm output? Or integrate it with a smart home controller.
Thanks for your response JB1970, most appreciated.

If you're using it for the maglock you'll put +12V to common and connect the normally closed to the +12V connection of the lock
Yes, this is correct, I have this working this way already, thanks.
If you're using it for the gate motor you'll leave it volt free and connect common and normally open to the ground and open connection on the gate controller
Ok. In think I understand what you mean.

I don't intend to open both gates with the same output; that'd be terrible and thanks for pointing that out.
Given the terminals on the back of the outdoor station is:

NC2 COM2 NO2 GND NC1 COM1 NO1 GND ..........12VDC GND
|-------DOOR2---------||--------DOOR1--------| |---POWER---|

I intend to use NO1 & COM1 for the gate motor and NC2 and COM2 for the maglock. I hope this would be feasible and clean; if so then I'd assume theres no need for the bullet point suggestions for this path. Please correct me if Im wrong.

With the above terminal connections, when connecting COM2 to +12V (for the maglock), Im I correct to say the COM1 would still be +0V unless explicitly connected? This would go in line with your suggestion of keeping it volts free for the motor controller.

Finally, with the terminals available to use on the outdoor station, can the connections be made without relays?

Thanks again.

My mistake - I hadn't realised that your outdoor unit had multiple lock outputs.

I intend to use NO1 & COM1 for the gate motor and NC2 and COM2 for the maglock. I hope this would be feasible and clean; if so then I'd assume theres no need for the bullet point suggestions for this path. Please correct me if Im wrong.
That sounds correct.

With the above terminal connections, when connecting COM2 to +12V (for the maglock), Im I correct to say the COM1 would still be +0V unless explicitly connected? This would go in line with your suggestion of keeping it volts free for the motor controller.
Yes they're individual outputs so there should be no interconnection between COM1 and COM2 so the Door 1 output should remain volt free. I have noticed on some Hikvison 'volt free' connections that there's something present on the connections that prevented it working with a device that needed a simple open going closed connection to trigger. Reversing the two wires resolved that.

Finally, with the terminals available to use on the outdoor station, can the connections be made without relays?

Yes

My mistake - I hadn't realised that your outdoor unit had multiple lock outputs.

That sounds correct.

Yes they're individual outputs so there should be no interconnection between COM1 and COM2 so the Door 1 output should remain volt free. I have noticed on some Hikvison 'volt free' connections that there's something present on the connections that prevented it working with a device that needed a simple open going closed connection to trigger. Reversing the two wires resolved that.

Yes
Awesome! Thanks for your response and help. I shall begin the setup and hopefully report a successful complete setup.

Hi Jb1970, I have done an initial setup on the system and it works. I can successfully open the sliding gate on NO1:COM1 (connected to the OPEN terminal on the motor controller) and the maglock on NC2:COM2 were COM2 is tied to +12V.

Thanks foe the assist.

One challenge I'm having is closing the gate via the indoor station. There is a CLOSE terminal on the motor just as there is an OPEN however I'm unsure how the CLOSE connection is to be wired from the intercom (just for the sliding gate).
Currently, opening the sliding gate is on NO1:COM1, should the closing require NC1?
Whilst looking this up, I've seen some articles suggesting NO1:COM1 should be connected to the SBS terminal on the motor instead of the OPEN terminals; and with such, open, close, stop etc. can be achieved.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Back