01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Intercom - New Build of Villa Door Station Firmware 2.2.65 (adds doorbell functionality)

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
This may be of interest to some who use the KV6113 and other Villa Door Stations that don't use the lock release....

Previously if you wanted to use the villa door stations in a home/residential setup without a lock release (IE you just want to use it as a doorbell); there was no means to add an indoor chime of any sort as the output on the unit was solely for a door release. The only way to get an audible notification locally (not relying on the internet and Hik-Connect connection) was to also install an indoor unit, even if you had no other need for it, it was necessary to generate a local tone. I have the KH6320-WTE1 that came with the kit.

A new build version of 2.2.65 firmware has just been released. The main change in the firmware is that you can now reconfigure the relay output on the outdoor unit from lock release to 'mechanical doorbell'. The volt free relay will pulse (very briefly) when the call button is pushed. I've no need for my indoor unit so have removed it from Hik-Connect, removed it from the 'devices' section of the outdoor unit (so they're no longer linked) and added the outdoor unit to Hik-Connect.

As for the chime, I've just used a Byron wireless kit that I already have. The common/normally open relay output on the door station have been extended and soldered across the contact points of the wireless bell push which is located internally.

The firmware can be downloaded from the product page here:

Just tried updating mine and it bounces back with "Upgrading Failed"?
Is yours the ‘(C)’ version? If so it should upgrade fine with that firmware. I have seen the same once or twice. Try a different web browser or use iVMS 4200 to do the upgrade.

Is yours the ‘(C)’ version? If so it should upgrade fine with that firmware. I have seen the same once or twice. Try a different web browser or use iVMS 4200 to do the upgrade.
Hi there, thanks for the reply, yes it is the newest of this line, the C version... Whenever I try to upgrade it says "Upgrading Failed"
Can I ask what the serial number ends in... Mine consists of the serial number but has RR in it....?
Attached is my serial number...

Attachments

• IMG_20230902_184305_edit_404977657800303.jpg
    IMG_20230902_184305_edit_404977657800303.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 127
Hi there, thanks for the reply, yes it is the newest of this line, the C version... Whenever I try to upgrade it says "Upgrading Failed"
Can I ask what the serial number ends in... Mine consists of the serial number but has RR in it....?
Attached is my serial number...
Just to add success... I managed to upgrade it...
For anyone in the same boat... Nothing worked... Android app... Chrome... Ivms...
I had to load up Internet explorer... Install the plugin (new laptop so wasn't installed)
Clicked the file etc and hay presto it uploaded...
I've never had any problems upgrading firmware on everything from NVR's, Dome cameras, PTZ cameras etc.
Hope this might help someone...

Back