01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision Intercom System without router?

stvn

Hi,

We are working on a 4 story building where there are four flats. We want to install the ip intercom series from hikvision. Since there is no concierge, would this setup work?

Main Door Station & 4 Indoor Stations connected to a poe switch. Nothing else is connected to the switch. Would the doorstations be able to communicate with the outdoor station without being connected to a router? Then the indoor stations can be connected to each of the flats' private WIFI so they can be accessed remotely.

Hi,

We are working on a 4 story building where there are four flats. We want to install the ip intercom series from hikvision. Since there is no concierge, would this setup work?

Main Door Station & 4 Indoor Stations connected to a poe switch. Nothing else is connected to the switch. Would the doorstations be able to communicate with the outdoor station without being connected to a router? Then the indoor stations can be connected to each of the flats' private WIFI so they can be accessed remotely.
I can't see why not, how will the wifi network work to give IP addresses to the clients? Model numbers would help and a network sketch.

Part of my IPCCTV setup will work router free even after a mains fail and power up. Those devices use static IP addresses.

David

I can't see why not, how will the wifi network work to give IP addresses to the clients? Model numbers would help and a network sketch.

Part of my IPCCTV setup will work router free even after a mains fail and power up. Those devices use static IP addresses.

David
The indoor stations that will be installed in each flat, will be connected to the poe switch, but since there won’t be a router, I was thinking that if I connect them via WIFI too, it would be the private/personal wifi of each flat, so that they all can access their indoor stations from hik-connect. If the indoor stations can have two ip, the static one via cat6 to communicate with the door entry and the one provided by the flat’s WiFi, it should work.

Drawing12pdf-3.jpeg

Last edited:
If the indoor stations can have two ip, the static one via cat6 to communicate with the door entry and the one provided by the flat’s WiFi, it should work.
I am not familiar with Hikvision access control, what model numbers are the indoor and outdoor units?

Back