01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New home hikvision setup - any feedback on the parts I have selected please?

antony23

Hi,
i'm new to Hikvision, but i'm planning to buy hikvision devices for videosurvelliance and ip video intercom for my new house.
This is a buy list i made:
- NVR Hikvision DS-7608NI-M2
- 8 x Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU
- DS-KD8003-IME1(B) for external gate station
- DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) for external house door station
- 2 x DS-KH6320-WTE1 for ground and first floors.

Do you have any advice about this setup? Is it good?

Anyway i have a question about devices i can handle remotely. It seems device with no wifi cannot be handle by hik connect app, such as DS-KD8003-IME1(B) device and DS-KV6113-LE1 version monitor.
My question is why these device cannot be handle by hik connect app even if they have ethernet/POE connection?

Other question. I need all ip intercom devices to be hik connect compatible to have remote camera gate/door view and door/gate unlock access, or it could be enough one of them is compatible and connected to hik connect and others not connected to the app but connected to same LAN? For example, could i buy one DS-KH6320-WTE1 monitor for hik connect app, and other LE1 version?

Thanks

Also, can i mount the turret camera hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) directly on the wall or i need a bracket?

Hi,
i'm new to Hikvision, but i'm planning to buy hikvision devices for videosurvelliance and ip video intercom for my new house.
This is a buy list i made:
- NVR Hikvision DS-7608NI-M2
- 8 x Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU
- DS-KD8003-IME1(B) for external gate station
- DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) for external house door station
- 2 x DS-KH6320-WTE1 for ground and first floors.

Do you have any advice about this setup? Is it good?
Hi @antony23

Yes, this system is okay but there are a few things to point out.

The NVR you've selected is an 8-channel model and you have 8 cameras + the intercom, this means you won't be able to continuously record the intercom camera to the NVR as well as the 8 x ColorVu cameras.

The indoor stations do support a MicroSD slot but this is only for recording still captures from the intercom (when the button is pressed) and won't hold video recordings.

If you want to record the intercom camera, you would need drop one of the other 8 cameras or upgrade to a larger 16-channel NVR.

Also, in regards to ColorVu cameras, these are great for areas where you have ambient light (e.g. street lights, security lights, etc...) in the scene because you can disable the camera's built-in white LED floodlight and achieve a colour image with just ambient lighting. If the scene is completely pitch black at night (e.g. like a back garden or alleyway) then the ColorVu cameras will have to use the built-in white light which can be very bright and disruptive for a residential install, in these scenarios we would actually recommend using an AcuSense camera like the DS-2CD2346G2-IU because these IR LEDs to achieve a black & white image at night and this IR (infrared) light is invisible to the human eye.

My question is why these device cannot be handle by hik connect app even if they have ethernet/POE connection?
Where have you seen it said that non-WiFi devices cannot be connected to Hik-Connect?

All Hikvision network IP intercom products including the DS-KD8003-IME1(B) and DS-KV6113-PE1(C) can be added to Hik-Connect.

Early generations of these intercoms could only be added to Hik-Connect via an indoor station, but now the new (B)/(C) versions of these intercoms can be added directly to the Hik-Connect app without using indoor stations.

Also, can i mount the turret camera hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-L(U) directly on the wall or i need a bracket?
The turret cameras have a pigtail/fly lead which is roughly 30cm long and has the network RJ45 connector on the end, if you drill a hole directly behind the camera (roughly 3cm diameter) you can thread the cable through the wall and mount it without any accessories, but if drilling a hole behind the camera is not possible then we would recommend a junction box (the DS-1280ZJ-DM21 box is compatible with the 2347G2 and 2346G2 turrets).

Also, in regards to ColorVu cameras, these are great for areas where you have ambient light (e.g. street lights, security lights, etc...) in the scene because you can disable the camera's built-in white LED floodlight and achieve a colour image with just ambient lighting. If the scene is completely pitch black at night (e.g. like a back garden or alleyway) then the ColorVu cameras will have to use the built-in white light which can be very bright and disruptive for a residential install, in these scenarios we would actually recommend using an AcuSense camera like the DS-2CD2346G2-IU because these IR LEDs to achieve a black & white image at night and this IR (infrared) light is invisible to the human eye.
This is where I'd recommend the DS-2CD2347G2H-LIU. Using the hybrid light camera gives both options so that you're not left regretting your choice once installed; there's no need to wonder whether the amount of ambient light will be sufficient to operate ColorVu without supplemental LED. Modes can be switched between Infra-red, ColorVu and Hybrid/Smart directly from the Hik-Connect app now, by the end user, so there's no need to fiddle in the menus:

IMG_6039.jpeg

Hi @Dan , thanks for answer.

No, I don't need to record the intercom camera. The same area is already covered by one of the 8 NVR cameras (there are two for each side of the house).

Speaking of colorvu vs acusense, thanks for the advice. I need to think about it more effectively. For ambient light I could just have the garden lights, but I don't think I'll keep them on all the night...

Regarding the Hik Connect app, I thought the app required Wi-Fi, but I was wrong, thanks for the clarification. Anyway, I made a mistake in the previous post about comparing monitors for Hik Connect app, I meant DS-KH6320-WTE1 and DS-KH6320-LE1 monitors. From what I understand, the second one (LE1), without Wi-Fi, does not connect to the Hik Connect app. It's right? But do the internal monitors have to be connected to the Hik Connect app to have the remote intercom functionality or maybe just the external stations are enough?

As for the POE switch for the 8 cameras, reading the camera specs it seems like the max power is 7.6W, so overall it should be 60.8W, right? Could the Hikvision DS-3E0310P-E/M 60W POE power budget switch be enough? Or should I upgrade to a powerful POE switch like Hikvision Switch DS-3E0310HP-E (110W)? Both have an additional port for another non-POE device that I need.

As for the turret, yes, I have already set up an electrical box in the wall where I have to mount them. Regarding the wiring, the electrician used a cat5e utp cable, are they ok or do I need a cat6 cable?

Hi @antony23

In regards to the Hik-Connect app, the app itself needs a WiFi/4G connection to work but the devices you add to the app do not have to be WiFi. As long as the devices are connected to your local network either with a hard-wire RJ45 connection or WiFi then Hik-Connect can be activated in the device settings, this will link the device to the Hik-Connect cloud server which is where your encrypted stream is sent before be forwarded on to your Hik-Connect app via WiFi/4G (see p32 of the user manual for the LE1 indoor station which explains the Hik-Connect setup).

If you are using indoor stations as part of your system then it is these that you add to Hik-Connect, if you are not using indoor stations then you can just add the intercoms directly to Hik-Connect.

In regards to PoE, yes all 8 cameras will use a maximum of around 60W. We would recommend using the larger DS-3E0310HP-E to avoid any power issues.

Cat5e cable is fine for connecting the cameras to the switch, but we would recommend connecting the NVR to the network/router with a Cat6 cable as this is where the biggest data load is.

About monitors, in my country (ITALY), the seller writes in the LE1 sell page that it doesn't support hik connect. Maybe that LE1 doesn't support it while LE1(B) does?
Anyway i read that LE1(B) doesn't have TF card support, so this means no one ring events will be stored?

Hi @antony23

If it is the case that the LE1(B) model does not support a TF card then yes you won't be able to record any stills/captures.

But as this model seems to be specific to your region (and not available to us in the UK) I would recommend seeking clarification on these questions from the Italian installer/seller you plan to buy the indoor stations from as they will likely have more hands-on experience with these models.

LE1 is worldwide version, but it is now EOL. Seller tell me just now he has previous version, not (B) version, for this reason it does not support hik connect. I'll buy WTE1 version.

Thank you for your help. Can you advice me a tutorial or guide for configuring devices i'm going to buy? I'll do it trough iVMS?

Can i access nvr, cameras, intercoms and indoor monitors using web interface on browser for configuring and monitoring? Or the only way is iVMS-4200 installed on a PC?
For smartphone, the only app is hik-connect? This app access them using cloud or if i "stay" in same LAN cloud is not used?

Yes, you should be able to access and configure your devices with a browser.

Hik-Connect is the recommended app to access the full functionality of all your Hikvision devices, to access the devices remotely (outside your network) on the app you need to either add the devices via the Hik-Connect/Platform Access Cloud or you can Port forward the IP address of each device to be able to access them from outside your local network.

Just to understand better, could the hik-connect app only work in LAN without Internet access? Push notifications also work?

For remote use, ok, the two options are hik-connetc cloud and remote lan access. Clear.

Hi @antony23

If your local area network (LAN) does not have internet access it is still technically possible to add the devices to the Hik-Connect app using the IP addresses, but if you configure this way you won't be able to access the devices from outside your LAN and you won't be able to receive push notifications to the app (you also can't receive push notifications if you have the devices added via Port forwarding, Push notifications are only supported when added via Hik-Connect/Platform Access).

Back