01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Help needed for Intercom DS-KD8003?

marcin79

Hello everyone,
Its my first post on this forum.
Here is the situation.
Recently I've bought a Hikvision video intercom module door station. It's a POE DS-KD8003-IME1 model, surface mounted.

c0-51-7e-04-bb-aa
V2.0.8build 200701
DS-KD8003-IME1/EU0120200924RRE87732157CVLU

It's activated in iVMS-4200, V3.10.0.6 build 20230714, and had modificated network settings according to DHCP suggestion
but it has still offline status in iVMS.

What can I do next?
I would like to connect it directly with hik-connect app on tablet/smartfons, is it possible without indoor station?

Attachments

• iVMS-4200.PNG
    iVMS-4200.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 168
  • ivms-device.PNG
    ivms-device.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 170
  • ivms-network.PNG
    ivms-network.PNG
    17.4 KB · Views: 196
It looks as though it still has its original IP address as it's visible at the bottom of your second photo at 192.168.1.64. Delete the entry at the top, click the refresh icon at the lower left, then add the online device. You may not need iVMS to configure it . It might be possible to login to the device using a web browser. If so, you can reconfigure the IP address there and set it up for Hik-Connect (I'm not familiar with the model so can't be sure)

Thank you for your reply JB1970. I did what you advised. Now - IP address is the same but it is still offline, unfortunatelly...

The device is visible in SADP as active, it is visible in Advanced IP Scanner, I may also ping it, but cannot open it in web browser for further configuration (by typing ip address bar).
i heard that it can be caused by bad dns address, but to change it the device must be online... what did i do wrong?

Attachments

• ping_192-168-1-64.PNG
    ping_192-168-1-64.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 116
  • sadp.PNG
    sadp.PNG
    12.8 KB · Views: 109
  • advanced-ip-scanner.PNG
    advanced-ip-scanner.PNG
    8.3 KB · Views: 108
  • connection-refused.PNG
    connection-refused.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 106
Thank you for your reply JB1970. I did what you advised. Now - IP address is the same but it is still offline, unfortunatelly...

The device is visible in SADP as active, it is visible in Advanced IP Scanner, I may also ping it, but cannot open it in web browser for further configuration (by typing ip address bar).
i heard that it can be caused by bad dns address, but to change it the device must be online... what did i do wrong?
As I said that device is possibly not configurable by web browser so that shouldn't be a problem. The device is activated (has an admin password that you've set) and is active at 192.168.1.64. If you haven't already, add the device so that it's at the top of the screen in iVMS (rather than just in the visible device list at the bottom). If you've already added it, click the edit icon and re enter the admin password in the pop up box then save.

Can you confirm that your home network is 192.168.1.xxx? If so and the device still shows 'offline', disconnect it and re run Advanced IP Scanner to make sure nothing else is already using 192.168.1.64 (or just ping the address with the intercom disconnected)

Regarding SADP...You don't need it. The 'online device' section at the bottom of the page in iVMS allows you to do the same functions. You can just double click the entry, change the IP address etc as needed (I'd usually set it high such as 192.168.1.250 so that it's unlikely to clash with anything assigned by DHCP). But you must also enter the 'admin' password in the same pop up screen that you enter the address, before clicking 'ok', otherwise the changed settings won't be applied.

Once you have it added and showing 'online' in iVMS, you should be able to click the configuration icon (gear wheel) and set everything up as needed.

Again, thanks for your support
Can you confirm that your home network is 192.168.1.xxx? If so and the device still shows 'offline', disconnect it and re run Advanced IP Scanner to make sure nothing else is already using 192.168.1.64 (or just ping the address with the intercom disconnected)
Yes indeed, it is the corect network:
Netmask192.168.1.0/24
Gateway IP Address192.168.1.1

Data from Fing app, which I install to compare and confirm network information.

TYPEIP ADDRESSHW ADDRESSNAMEDETAILSOSCHANGEDSTATUS
1691232075166.png
192.168.1.19C:65:EE:D0:60:BFH660GMDasan • H660GMRouter
1691232075209.png
192.168.1.64C0:51:7E:04:BB:AADS-KD8003-IME1/EU0120200924RRE87732157CVLUHikvision

Dasan is a router and default gateway.

Pinging result after switch off from POE switch in attachment (destination host unreachable).

In AIPS(Advanced IP Scanner) door station is greyed.

Attachments

• ping_192-168-1-64_switch off.PNG
    ping_192-168-1-64_switch off.PNG
    10.8 KB · Views: 101
  • AIPS-door-station-status.PNG
    AIPS-door-station-status.PNG
    8.4 KB · Views: 105
Interesting thing observed: when I hover over "offline" there is information about wrong password/or username.

Could entering the wrong password cause it to malfunction and stay offline of the device?

On the other hand - If I mistyped them, would the devices accept changes in the IP address? (and in fact it accept changes, when I entered the new IP several times for a trial, each time the input resulted in changes in the host configuration, at the bottom of the screen and at the top - after adding the device)

As far as I can see, there are two types of passwords: super user master password and device password. The documentation does not say exactly which password should be entered in which circumstances.

If the device needs to be reset to factory settings, is there any way to do it myself?

EDIT:
After editing (without changing anything) there is another monit in iVMS - network abnormal

Attachments

• ivms-incorrect passw.png
    ivms-incorrect passw.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 99
  • ivms-network-abnormal.png
    ivms-network-abnormal.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Could entering the wrong password cause it to malfunction and stay offline of the device?
Yes. I pointed that out earlier and detailed how to correct it in iVMS:
If you haven't already, add the device so that it's at the top of the screen in iVMS (rather than just in the visible device list at the bottom). If you've already added it, click the edit icon and re enter the admin password in the pop up box then save.

On the other hand - If I mistyped them, would the devices accept changes in the IP address?
No. The admin password is required to affect the change. That is why the device was in the ‘discovered’ section at the bottom of the screen with its default IP address and ‘offline’ at the top of the screen with the changed IP. There was no device at that UP address as it wasn’t successfully changed.

As far as I can see, there are two types of passwords: super user master password and device password
No just the one. Super user has nothing to do with the device - that's the password that protects access to the iVMS app and nothing else. The password you need to enter in the device configuration, is the one you activated the device with

Last edited:
Finally - i manage to set it as an online. Thank you for you patience. Next question is - how to set it comunicate directly with a Mobile phone. Is it possible? Tutorials on The Internet use internal monitor to achieve that.

Finaly - i manage to set it as an online. Thank you gór you patience. Next question is - how to set it comunicate directly with a Mobile phone. Is it possible? Tutorials on The Internet use internal monitor to achieve that.
That all revolves around Hik-Connect

1 - Download the Hik-Connect app to your phone. From the App Store if you're an iPhone user or directly from appstore.hikvision.com if you're an Android user. If you're on Android you'll have to override a few security settings on the phone when prompted.

2 - After opening the app create a user account and log in.

3 - In iVMS in the Device Management panel, click the gear wheel/cog icon next to the entry for your intercom (remote configuration). The configuration window will open.

4 - Navigate to Network > Advanced > Platform Access. Tick the box and enable Hik-Connect, then create an encryption key (can be anything, keep it simple) Click Save. The register status should change to 'Online' after a few seconds (if not click away from that page and back again)

5 - Turn off WiFi on your phone (this is to prove when complete that the device will be accessible both remotely and while you're on your home wifi)

6 - In the Hik-Connect app. Click +, Manual Adding and enter the serial number of your device (E87732157) and click he save icon. When prompted for the verification code, enter the encryption key you set in step 4 above (DO NOT POST THAT IN ANY MESSAGE ON THIS SITE!!)

If all is well you should have the intercom visible on the app Home Screen. Click the icon to start live viewing. You can switch your phones wifi back on once you've proven it works.

If you have any issues, it's probably best to start another thread regarding Hik-Connect. There's loads of information on this site already so it's worth browsing the tutorials.

I must say that, I've already had installed Hik-connect, and added door station in it. There is also a preview from door station camera available. Should I delete it?

Unfortunately, In Network > Advanced I don't have Platform Access item, as you can see.
Furthermore there is Intercom > Dial section in which I can only choose two options: call indoor station or management center.

Attachments

• iVMS-platform.PNG
    iVMS-platform.PNG
    20.5 KB · Views: 105
  • ivms-dial.PNG
    ivms-dial.PNG
    33.7 KB · Views: 105
Hi,

Modular outdoor intercoms don't have option to directly connect to platform. You will need to buy indoor unit.

Villa door station have options for platform access, but only model with one button. DS-KV8113-WME1

Yeah I wasn't aware of that but just had a scan through the user manual. I use a 6113 so don't have that issue.

Okay, in that case, I need to purchase additional hardware for this to work...
This would explain why the guides available on the internet show configuration with a telephone using an indoor station.
Which model will be optimal to also use a mobile phone when you are not at home?

Okay, in that case, I need to purchase additional hardware for this to work...
This would explain why the guides available on the internet show configuration with a telephone using an indoor station.
Which model will be optimal to also use a mobile phone when you are not at home?
The one I mentioned will work - the DS-KV6113-WPE1C. It will work with Hik-Connect on its own or can be paired with the indoor station - KH6320-WTE1. The "W" in those part numbers denotes Wireless. If you're using wireless it can be powered from 12V DC, if you're using a wired network you can use either 12V DC or a PoE connection. If you wanted both the indoor and outdoor units, the part code for the kit that includes both is DS-KIS-P(C). It's important to note that there is no indoor chime so unless you use the indoor unit for that purpose (as I do), calls are routed through the Hik-Connect service to your phone (whether you're at home or not)

Yeah I wasn't aware of that but just had a scan through the user manual. I use a 6113 so don't have that issue.
You are right, smaller villa door 6113 also have ability to use hik-connect without indoor station.

KH6320-WTE1. The "W" in those part numbers denotes Wireless. If you're using wireless it can be powered from 12V DC, if you're using a wired network you can use either 12V DC or a PoE connection.
And what is the difference between KH6320-WTE1 and KH6320-TE1?
Can TE1 version be also used with Hik-Connect on mobile phone (whether at home or not)?

And what is the difference between KH6320-WTE1 and KH6320-TE1?
Can TE1 version be also used with Hik-Connect on mobile phone (whether at home or not)?
KH6320-WTE1 and TE1 are both indoor units. The only difference is that WTE1 can be connected to your WiFi network if it's inconvenient to run a CAT5E network cable as mentioned already:

"The "W" in those part numbers denotes Wireless"

Both can be used with Hik-Connect whether home or not.

Important - If you use the KV6113-WPE1 on its own (without an indoor unit) - that will connect to Hik-Connect directly. However, if you decide to pair the KV6113 to the KH6320 indoor unit, you should only add the the indoor unit to Hik-Connect and not the outdoor unit. (otherwise you'll get some strange results)

I know, but I have already installed DS-KD8003 station. POE cable and POE switch is not a problem. In fact, POE installation is ready.
Its important to to 100% confirm that without WIFI function in indoor station it will be possible to forward call to a mobile phone from KH6320-TE1.

I know, but I have already installed DS-KD8003 station. POE cable and POE switch is not a problem. In fact, POE installation is ready.
Its important to to 100% confirm that without WIFI function in indoor station it will be possible to forward call to a mobile phone from KH6320-TE1.
So actually what you need to know is whether the DS-KD8003 door station is compatible with the KH6320-TE1. An 8 series outdoor station with a 6 series indoor station....I'm not sure

Maybe I wasn't precise enough in what I said...
I'm sure they will work together as there are quite a few tutorial videos online that demonstrate this, such as this one:

However, what I am not sure about is: will this indoor station allow me to link the intercom to the phone so that I can receive notifications and control the electric lock outside the home via the hik-connect application

By chance or not, I was unable to find a tutorial that shows how to configure this intercom system to transfer the call to the phone, AND at the same time use the indoor station WITHOUT WIFI, that is - the station was always used KH6320-WTE1
And I'm asking about it because I have the opportunity to buy a DS-KH6320-TE1 monitor on occasion.

Last edited:
Back