01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Urgent help needed for Intercom DS-KD8003 access lost on Hik Connect

OsoPolar

HI Guys

I have had my system running for 18 months no issue but yesterday i went to check my IOS Hik Connect app and my Gate Intercom is offline
I checked the ip address and can ping it no issue. I also have fill access via the wall panel and everything works fine.
But my Hik Connect app shows the intercom offline but my CCTV are all fine!!!!

I have tried rebooting the switch so it re assigns the ports but it looks like no ports being passed to it???
Please help how do i get it back online

1. Intercom Panel DS-KH9510-WTE10120210124WRQ05434344CLU 192.168.23.182
  2. Modular Intercom Unit DS-KD8003-IME10120210106RRF37299528CVLU 192.168.23.184

Hi, check hik-connect status on your indoor station. Is it online? What are your DNS? Are you on static IP or DHCP?

Hi, check hik-connect status on your indoor station. Is it online? What are your DNS? Are you on static IP or DHCP?
HI
My Indoor Station is on 192.168.23.182 Static never changed and fully online everything works over CAT6 PPOE Switch & the Gate Unit itself is on 192.168.23.184
Its the Hik -Connect over wifi that no longer shows

So you don't get internet access over LAN cable, but over WiFi?
I know that indoor units is not that smart when you have same IP range on LAN and on WiFi. LAN is priority so i tries to get online over LAN and dismiss WiFi.
Then if you delete gateway or set invalid gateway it starts to recognize and use WiFi adapter for internet access.

So you don't get internet access over LAN cable, but over WiFi?
I know that indoor units is not that smart when you have same IP range on LAN and on WiFi. LAN is priority so i tries to get online over LAN and dismiss WiFi.
Then if you delete gateway or set invalid gateway it starts to recognize and use WiFi adapter for internet access.
How can i check what the indoor unit is using?
It has a LAN cable plugged it but i also added my Wifi as a backup but i have no idea what it is using.
But the panel inside is fully working with view and controlling the locks.
Its my Hik Connect IOS app that has lost connection it says offline but my CCTV cameras i can still see with it

When you go into configuration and enter hik-connect settings what does it say about status? Online or Offline? Can you disconnect WiFi and see?
Can you screenshot network parameters?

When you go into configuration and enter hik-connect settings what does it say about status? Online or Offline? Can you disconnect WiFi and see?
OK very weird i cannot login to Hik - Connect via Wall Panel, say check network.
But i logged out of Hik on my IOS device and back in to check password was correct and i went straight in so i know the password is correct i was trying in wall panel
My local DNS is 192.168.23.1

Last edited:
HI
I have fixed it thank you i had changed the DNS with Adblock and not updated wall panel, not sure how to mark this a solved

Great. I'm glad you solved it.
Hello,

Firstly, I want to thank you for your quick response this morning and for pointing me in the right direction to fix the issue.

May I ask a slightly related question? I noticed during the process that the installer had left a simple password that he uses for all his installs. Although it may help him troubleshoot, I am uncomfortable having an easy password and giving the installer remote access to my system 365 days a year.

What I would like to know is where the correct place is to change the Hik-Connect password, and what pieces of equipment I will need to update to avoid issues.

I assume that all IOS devices will need to be logged in with a new password, as well as the wall panel. Would I also need to update iVMS 4200? What about my DVR unit iDS-7208HUHI-M1/FA/A0820210328CCWRF71849545WCVU? Is there anything else I haven't thought about?

I only ask because long passwords are okay, except when it comes to manually entering them on the wall panel. If you need me to move this to another post, please let me know.

Finally when i open iVMS 4200 now i get a pop-up is this ok or an error?

Cheers in advance

Attachments

• ivms.png
    ivms.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
If you are reffering to login password you can change over IVMS after you login into it. If you are reffering to verification code of hik-connect you can change it throught indoor station, go into configuration and find hik-connect. There you can change verif code.

After you change admin password you will need to change it in IVMS to login, and verif code will be asked on hik-connect app.

Don't worry about pop-up windows as long as they are started.

HI
I am so confused with Hik-Passwords i have the following which i find ridiculous and how people are meant to remember is beyond me.
  1. Hik-Connect the is the weak one provided by the installer i need to change this because he can get access i think.
  2. I have one for http://www.hik-online.com but cannot access this site anymore but this has a different username and password
  3. I have a web Hik-Vision with local IP address that takes me into a what looks like a web view iVMS see here same weak password as Hik-Connect but different username see here
  4. I have a Hik-Vision Super User which is for iVMS-4200 software this is same a number 2
So i just need to know the best way to change Hik-Connect and secure my system. I rarely go into iVMS as i find it terrible software buggy slow and bloated.
Its been like this for the past 8 years i know of. :)

Back