01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KD8003 factory reset? [Error code: HCNetSDK.dll[47]. (The user does not exist. Please try again.)]

phumpal

Hi,

I have DS-KD8003-IME1 (v2.0.8 build 210426) together with KH8350 indoor station and two more KV8113 door stations.
I have issues with the KD8003 and can't configure it via iVMS-4200 or HikConnect.
The KD8003 gives me below "Error 47".

I worked with Hikvision support to reset the admin password to make sure I have the right one but it didn't help.

The device always appears online in iVMS, when I enter configuration it freezes for 30s or so then throws the error 47 on whatever attempt to modify configuration then the device switches status to offline and can't be configured anymore.

I can ping the device's IP address so I know it's online.
I can reboot the device to become online but it quickly goes offline on next attempt to configure it.

I would like to factory reset it and possibly upgrade firmware but I can't do it without access to configuration.
Any idea how to proceed?

Error code: HCNetSDK.dll[47]. (The user does not exist. Please try again.)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-16 073511.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-16 073511.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 26
Hi @phumpal - if you use the SADP tool, does the DS-KD8003-IME1 always stay online in there?

I'd recommend trying a fresh install of iVMS-4200 (V3.11.0.5), I think I remember that error "HCNetSDK.dll[47]" error being down to a bug on an early version that was fixed.

You could also try using the Batch Configuration tool to upgrade the firmware, as this often works when iVMS-4200 or web browsers are problematic.

Exactly that, thank you.

For others who may run into the same problem. Yes, I do believe it was a problem of KD8003 being shipped to me with extremely old firmware that was not working well with iVMS-4200. The unit always went offline so quickly you couldn't do anything in iVMS. I ended up doing what Kyle wrote, I used older version of Batch Configuration tool where the unit stays online and used it to upgrade the firmware and then do Reset All (factory reset). Then I re-activated the unit in SADP and everything started working fine.

Great, I'm glad you've got it working - thanks for sharing exactly how you did so too :)

Back