01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

2 Way Audio No longer working DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL - Firmware or configuration error?

Hello, I have approximately 4 2387G2 Hikvision models which I am in the process of installing. Unfortunately, it appears as if the two way audio functionality is no longer working on my LSU variants. I'm attempting to figure out why, and was hoping I could get some help in troubleshooting this.

I'll specifically be focusing on two cameras out of my 4. They are each running the following firmware:
Camera 1: V5.7.13 build 230706
Camera 2: V5.7.3 build 220112

Camera 1 is an older camera in which I had experimented a fair bit with firmware options in a hope to get the LED lights to activate upon motion detection (the external white two). It has been a while since I last touched it due to frustration and downgrading lockouts with certain firmwares.

Camera 2 is a camera that I just unboxed today, with the factory firmware.

Both interfaces look the same to me, and I see absolutely no settings relating to 2 way audio anywhere in the web interfaces. I remember having 2 way audio briefly working with Camera 1, but I can't remember the exact cause as to why it stopped working for me.

1. Is there anything I can do to try to test 2 way audio via the web interface? When I attempt to load the camera via https, the live view will fail on me - this doesn't happen over http.
  2. Is there a specific firmware that I should be on for these cameras? Any way to keep the white LED activation upon an event (motion, person detection, line cross detection, those things) while also having 2 way audio? I remember specific firmwares working and specific ones removing this functionality.
  3. I will eventually be using 2 way audio via ISAPI for these cameras - will that be over port 80? Is there any way to configure this port? I don't see any setting/configuration references to ISAPI within the web interfaces. I don't mind it being on port 80, but I'd just like to confirm that it is *actually* working for debugging purposes.
Thank you very much!

Hello, I have approximately 4 2387G2 Hikvision models which I am in the process of installing. Unfortunately, it appears as if the two way audio functionality is no longer working on my LSU variants. I'm attempting to figure out why, and was hoping I could get some help in troubleshooting this.

I'll specifically be focusing on two cameras out of my 4. They are each running the following firmware:
Camera 1: V5.7.13 build 230706
Camera 2: V5.7.3 build 220112

Camera 1 is an older camera in which I had experimented a fair bit with firmware options in a hope to get the LED lights to activate upon motion detection (the external white two). It has been a while since I last touched it due to frustration and downgrading lockouts with certain firmwares.

Camera 2 is a camera that I just unboxed today, with the factory firmware.

Both interfaces look the same to me, and I see absolutely no settings relating to 2 way audio anywhere in the web interfaces. I remember having 2 way audio briefly working with Camera 1, but I can't remember the exact cause as to why it stopped working for me.

1. Is there anything I can do to try to test 2 way audio via the web interface? When I attempt to load the camera via https, the live view will fail on me - this doesn't happen over http.
  2. Is there a specific firmware that I should be on for these cameras? Any way to keep the white LED activation upon an event (motion, person detection, line cross detection, those things) while also having 2 way audio? I remember specific firmwares working and specific ones removing this functionality.
  3. I will eventually be using 2 way audio via ISAPI for these cameras - will that be over port 80? Is there any way to configure this port? I don't see any setting/configuration references to ISAPI within the web interfaces. I don't mind it being on port 80, but I'd just like to confirm that it is *actually* working for debugging purposes.
Thank you very much!
I'd start by installing the latest firmware which is 5.7.14_build 231213. There have been a couple of builds of 5.7.14 so make sure you get the latest as it addresses volume in 2 way audio. I wouldn't look at anything else until your cameras are up to date.

That doesn't address my concern with updating the firmware in regards to LED linkage. Does this firmware support this feature? As stated originally, I don't want to update and be unable to downgrade to a working state for these features.

That doesn't address my concern with updating the firmware in regards to LED linkage. Does this firmware support this feature? As stated originally, I don't want to update and be unable to downgrade to a working state for these features.
The newest version does not support white light linkage for event so you'll have to stay on an old version if that's important to you. Unfortunately if newer versions support bug fixes you'll miss out on those fixes. One of the previous fixes was that audio could damage the speaker due to a level being too high whereas the latest addresses 2 way audio speaker volume being too low.

Last edited:
The newest version does not support white light linkage for event so you'll have to stay on an old version if that's important to you. Unfortunately if newer versions support bug fixes you'll miss out on those fixes.
I'm not really interested in bug fixes for problems I'm not experiencing. I just want LED linkage and 2 way audio. If I find that the volume is too unsatisfactory for me to use, I can consider updating at that point later for a specific camera or two, based on the end use case. But I know that I had 2 way audio working at some point in the past, and I don't want to lose access to the LED linkage feature in the meantime, preferably with the two side LEDs as opposed to the singular middle one.

I want to address my above concerns with possible configuration issues for 2 way audio before I make an irreversible decision to lock myself out of features via firmware updates. I hope that makes sense.

This whole experience has turned me away from Hikvision, so I doubt I'll be purchasing any more of these cameras in the future. They're very slow with their firmware updates, and they are fixing problems which should have never existed on a released product in the first place while at the same time removing features. It is a very frustrating user experience to say the least.

The newest version does not support white light linkage for event
Hi
My ColorVu DS-2CD2047G2-L (G5 platform), has this option on both Basic events and smart events. Of course no option for audio in - out.
Firmware is the latest 5.7.14_build 231213
I don't know if you mean this:

Attachments

• whitelight.png
    whitelight.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 69
Hi
My ColorVu DS-2CD2047G2-L (G5 platform), has this option on both Basic events and smart events. Of course no option for audio in - out.
Firmware is the latest 5.7.14_build 231213
I don't know if you mean this:
Yeah @alfaclvi. At one point there's a version (or two) of firmware where the G5 LSU/SL model has the same 'White Light' option as the L(U). However Hikvision have removed it in the LSU/SL presumably as it has a strobe light that can be activated on event (the flashing light can be configured to be solid on rather than flashing) Even though the model variants use the same firmware file, the option no longer appears on the LSU/SL variant. As said, the strobe light can be used to come on without flashing but it is not as useful to provide illumination for the exposure, as it's a single LED (half the power) and is cool/natural white rather than warm white.

Hi
Were you able to resolve this problem?

I have two new cameras 2347G2H LISU/SL, both on the latest firmware and an M series 7608NI-M2

Clicking the mic button in Hikvision and it appears to go into two way audio but no sound, tried on both cameras.

Using the latest Hik-connect app on android and it has app permissions set to be able to use the device mic.

both on the latest firmware
If you have something not working always post the versions. Firmware is updated frequently and is soon not the latest. Also many users trust the device interface reporting that there's no update available when it's not the case.

Do the other functions on the cameras work via Hik-Connect (with the exception of smart light configuration which is faulty - if yours is working your NVR firmware is not up date). Can you manually trigger the strobe light and siren?

If you have something not working always post the versions. Firmware is updated frequently and is soon not the latest. Also many users trust the device interface reporting that there's no update available when it's not the case.

Do the other functions on the cameras work via Hik-Connect (with the exception of smart light configuration which is faulty - if yours is working your NVR firmware is not up date). Can you manually trigger the strobe light and siren?
Hi apologies, I was away for the weekend and stumbled across this thread so initially was curious whether the OP had resolved this issue. I was unable to check my firmware versions so should have waited til I got home to be able to provide them.

DS-7608NI-M2/8P - V5.02.006 build 240328
DS-2CD2347G2H-LISU/SL - V5.7.15 build 240201

In the hik-connect app I am not sure where to manually trigger the strobe / alarm - when I go into the camera I have icons for pause, volume, HD, split windows, and rotate screen (top row) then icons for playback, capture photo, record, mic, PTZ control, noise reduction.

Hik-connect version - 6.2.51.0409

I have the smart light configured which does appear to work for me (in that its configured to use the IR until a trigger then the hybrid light comes on) - I havent tried any other configs.

Cheers

You are on the latest versions at this moment.

In the hik-connect app I am not sure where to manually trigger the strobe / alarm - when I go into the camera I have icons for pause, volume, HD, split windows, and rotate screen (top row) then icons for playback, capture photo, record, mic, PTZ control, noise reduction.
Click the little arrow beneath the snapshot (capture photo) icon to reveal the rest of the icons including Supplement Light Config, Strobe Light Activation, Siren Activation. You can rearrange the icons so that the ones you want are available first (there's little point of a PTZ icon visible if you've only fixed cameras)
I have the smart light configured which does appear to work for me (in that it's configured to use the IR until a trigger then the hybrid light comes on) - I havent tried any other configs.
Yes it will work. The bit that's faulty currently is the ability to switch between the modes (Colour, Black & White, Smart) directly from the app icon.

Thanks, however, I only have the icons I mentioned. See attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-15-15-05-33-47_a95cd7181daf1a10de28befe4fb2ffb3.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-15-15-05-33-47_a95cd7181daf1a10de28befe4fb2ffb3.jpg
    600.8 KB · Views: 23
Thanks, however, I only have the icons I mentioned. See attached.
How is your Hik-Connect app configured to access the NVR? Some functions such as Push notifications, event clips etc are only available if you're using the Hik-Connect service (unavailable if you have the NVR added using IP/Domain or local device)

How is your Hik-Connect app configured to access the NVR? Some functions such as Push notifications, event clips etc are only available if you're using the Hik-Connect service (unavailable if you have the NVR added using IP/Domain or local device)
To be honest, I am not sure - an installer put the cameras up, NVR and basic setup. I did all the config for alerts, triggers etc.

I do get a push notification when an alert it triggered - 4 cameras in total with a mix of intrusion detection, line crossing - all send push notifications. Under notifications I can click playback and clips seem ok.

I intend to go back to the installer but when I found this thread I thought worth seeing if I can find the issue.

I have two of these cameras and both have the same issue.

Cheers,

To be honest, I am not sure - an installer put the cameras up, NVR and basic setup. I did all the config for alerts, triggers etc.

I do get a push notification when an alert it triggered - 4 cameras in total with a mix of intrusion detection, line crossing - all send push notifications. Under notifications I can click playback and clips seem ok.

I intend to go back to the installer but when I found this thread I thought worth seeing if I can find the issue.

I have two of these cameras and both have the same issue.

Cheers,
If you get notifications then the NVR is added to the app using the Hik-Connect service. I can't explain why you're missing some of the icons. If you have a camera that has a speaker and strobe light, there should be icons in Hik-Connect to trigger those manually if needed and you should have an icon for configuration of the smart light. Unless there's some issue with the firmware for the Hybrid cameras featuring Live Guard (speaker/strobe) that's making those icons unavailable. Although I have the same NVR/firmware and Hybrid (G2H) cameras on the same firmware, I don't have any with the speaker/strobe (mine use the same firmware but are standard ColorVu) so can't advise.

Hi
Were you able to resolve this problem?

I have two new cameras 2347G2H LISU/SL, both on the latest firmware and an M series 7608NI-M2

Clicking the mic button in Hikvision and it appears to go into two way audio but no sound, tried on both cameras.

Using the latest Hik-connect app on android and it has app permissions set to be able to use the device mic.
No, I wasn't able to find a solution. No one reached out to me here with any solutions, so I'm probably just going to avoid Hikvision products in the future, as they do not perform as advertised.

Best of luck to you!

If you get notifications then the NVR is added to the app using the Hik-Connect service. I can't explain why you're missing some of the icons. If you have a camera that has a speaker and strobe light, there should be icons in Hik-Connect to trigger those manually if needed and you should have an icon for configuration of the smart light. Unless there's some issue with the firmware for the Hybrid cameras featuring Live Guard (speaker/strobe) that's making those icons unavailable. Although I have the same NVR/firmware and Hybrid (G2H) cameras on the same firmware, I don't have any with the speaker/strobe (mine use the same firmware but are standard ColorVu) so can't advise.
I may have found something - what I hadnt done is logged into each camera and setup platform access. It was set on the NVR.

I've just picked one camera with the strobe / audio feature and under network, advance, platform access it was set to ISUP.

I've changed this to hik-connect, then I've set the server name to match the same as the NVR setup (litedev.eu.hik-connect.com) and set the verifcation code the same as the code set on the NVR.

I also ticked the enable linkage via hik-connect.

I assume that I should set it this way? - I do however get a register status as 'offline' on the camera GUI whereas on the NVR GUI it's 'online'

I may have found something - what I hadnt done is logged into each camera and setup platform access. It was set on the NVR.

I've just picked one camera with the strobe / audio feature and under network, advance, platform access it was set to ISUP.

I've changed this to hik-connect, then I've set the server name to match the same as the NVR setup (litedev.eu.hik-connect.com) and set the verifcation code the same as the code set on the NVR.

I also ticked the enable linkage via hik-connect.

I assume that I should set it this way? - I do however get a register status as 'offline' on the camera GUI whereas on the NVR GUI it's 'online'
Don't do that. If the cameras are added to the NVR it should not be necessary to add them to Hik-Connect. It'll likely cause more issues than it solves. If the cameras are connected to the NVR they will have no path to the Internet or Hik-Connect as the NVR blocks that by design.

You would usually only connect the cameras directly to Hik-Connect if they are standalone (no NVR). You can if they're connected to teh LAN rather than the NVR PoE ports but it's not recommended and is unnecessary.

Don't do that. If the cameras are added to the NVR it should not be necessary to add them to Hik-Connect. It'll likely cause more issues than it solves. If the cameras are connected to the NVR they will have no path to the Internet or Hik-Connect as the NVR blocks that by design.

You would usually only connect the cameras directly to Hik-Connect if they are standalone (no NVR). You can if they're connected to teh LAN rather than the NVR PoE ports but it's not recommended and is unnecessary.
Ah ok - back to square one then for now. BTW I did check the 2-way audio when I had changed one camera's platform access and it still didnt work.

I'll revert ir back to ISUP and I guess I'll have to wait for hik-vision to fix via software update as having two cameras exactly the same (and similar issues mentioned above) pretty much removes the chance of it being a hardware issue.

Ah ok - back to square one then for now. BTW I did check the 2-way audio when I had changed one camera's platform access and it still didnt work.

I'll revert ir back to ISUP and I guess I'll have to wait for hik-vision to fix via software update as having two cameras exactly the same (and similar issues mentioned above) pretty much removes the chance of it being a hardware issue.
I've not seen any reports of 2 way audio not working and I have cameras and recorder running the same firmware versions as you. Unless there's a firmware bug that is affecting specifically that variant of the G5 firmware cameras it might be something in your setup. The original post was regarding 2 way audio not working using a web browser (there are often issues with operation using a web browser). Looking back to your first post in the thread you don't mention specifically where you're trying to use 2 way audio from - a browser or the Hik-Connect app. I'm assuming the Hik-Connect app.

Back