01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

2 Way Audio No longer working DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL - Firmware or configuration error?

I've not seen any reports of 2 way audio not working and I have cameras and recorder running the same firmware versions as you. Unless there's a firmware bug that is affecting specifically that variant of the G5 firmware cameras it might be something in your setup. The original post was regarding 2 way audio not working using a web browser (there are often issues with operation using a web browser). Looking back to your first post in the thread you don't mention specifically where you're trying to use 2 way audio from - a browser or the Hik-Connect app. I'm assuming the Hik-Connect app.
Yeah - its on the hik-connect app. Doesnt work to either camera - I've had a trawl through the settings and there doesnt appear to be anything obvious that would enable / disable audio. I've mentioned on another post thought that I dont have icons in hik-connect for turning on / off the strobe or alarm either.

Within hik-connect notifications work fine, as does playback, live view etc. Funnily enough, I just checked one camera - there was no icon for alarm or light in hik-connect then all of a sudden they appeared, but when clicking I got operation failed.

Yeah - its on the hik-connect app. Doesnt work to either camera - I've had a trawl through the settings and there doesnt appear to be anything obvious that would enable / disable audio. I've mentioned on another post thought that I dont have icons in hik-connect for turning on / off the strobe or alarm either.
Yes that's correct. It could be specific to that model. All cameras with strobe and speaker should have an option to manually trigger them through the app.
Within hik-connect notifications work fine, as does playback, live view etc. Funnily enough, I just checked one camera - there was no icon for alarm or light in hik-connect then all of a sudden they appeared, but when clicking I got operation failed.
That's correct. When you switch to the camera, the Hik-Connect app can take a few moments update the icons with regard to the cameras capabilities.

That's correct. When you switch to the camera, the Hik-Connect app can take a few moments update the icons with regard to the cameras capabilities.
So icons are coming up but get operation failed when trying either the strobe or alarm icon. a defog icon also appears - I can access that setting OK.

So icons are coming up but get operation failed when trying either the strobe or alarm icon. a defog icon also appears - I can access that setting OK.
The operation of smart light configuration coming up 'failed' from Hik-Connect on M series V5 firmware, has been confirmed by Hikvision to be a bug that will be fixed. It's looking as though what you are experiencing may also be a bug.

@Kyle - We know that Hikvision have acknowledged the bug with Smart Light Configuration being inaccessible from the Hik-Connect app on M series V5 but it looks as though 2 way audio, manual strobe and manual siren might also be not working on the Hybrid models with Live guard (G2H-LISU/SL). I don't have one to test so can't be sure....

@Kyle - We know that Hikvision have acknowledged the bug with Smart Light Configuration being inaccessible from the Hik-Connect app on M series V5 but it looks as though 2 way audio, manual strobe and manual siren might also be not working on the Hybrid models with Live guard (G2H-LISU/SL). I don't have one to test so can't be sure....
Thanks, I'll report this to Hikvision to look into. We don't have a G2H-LISU/SL model here that we can test either unfortunately...

Thanks, I'll report this to Hikvision to look into. We don't have a G2H-LISU/SL model here that we can test either unfortunately...
@Kyle - this can possibly be moved to its own post if necessary as again it regards M series NVRs specifically on V5 firmware as these issues didn't exist prior to upgrade. Following on from @bigmick777 issues with 2 way audio, I've just done some testing with my own array of cameras connected to the 'M' and the problems are much worse than previously reported. Here's what I've found regarding interaction with Hik-Connect:

G5 models with speaker and strobe
  • 2 way audio, alarm output, noise reduction are functional
  • manual strobe light, manual siren, defog, supplement light config all broken
G3 models with speaker and strobe
  • manual strobe light, manual siren, supplement light config all broken
G3 and G5 models without speaker and strobe
  • supplement light config broken
  • selecting 2 way audio, then 'channel' will appear to open the two way audio and show it in progress. This is the one time we should see 'configuration failed' as it's not a supported function
@bigmick777 Please try 2 way audio again from Hik-Connect to your cameras. Importantly when you click the 2 way audio icon, you must then click 'channel' to open two way audio to the camera as your cameras are connected to the NVR channels ('device' refers to the audio in/out on the back of the NVR itself... why the hell they can't refer to 'Camera' and 'NVR' rather than 'Channel' and 'Device' is beyond me....It just causes user confusion)

Thanks for all of the testing @JB1970, I've passed everything onto our contact in UK Support, as well as the findings with the G2H-LISU/SL with V5 firmware.

They were remotely connected to one of our PCs to extract debugging logs from our M-Series NVR and 2087G2H-LIU yesterday, so are working on a fix on the broken Smart Light Configuration in the app as we speak.

Thanks for all of the testing @JB1970, I've passed everything onto our contact in UK Support, as well as the findings with the G2H-LISU/SL with V5 firmware.

They were remotely connected to one of our PCs to extract debugging logs from our M-Series NVR and 2087G2H-LIU yesterday, so are working on a fix on the broken Smart Light Configuration in the app as we speak.
Great, thanks for the update

Please try 2 way audio again from Hik-Connect to your cameras. Importantly when you click the 2 way audio icon, you must then click 'channel' to open two way audio to the camera as your cameras are connected to the NVR channels ('device' refers to the audio in/out on the back of the NVR itself... why the hell they can't refer to 'Camera' and 'NVR' rather than 'Channel' and 'Device' is beyond me....It just causes user confusion)
Hi - I tested again using the channel and it worked. I am sure I tested before with channel but recently I had been testing using device - like you say, very confusing. Thanks for all your help on this.

Hi - I tested again using the channel and it worked. I am sure I tested before with channel but recently I had been testing using device - like you say, very confusing. Thanks for all your help on this.
Perfect, thanks @bigmick777. @Kyle - I think we can safely say that the 2 way audio from the M series with V5 works as expected with all camera models, Mick being the only one to be able to test it with a G5 G2H-LISU/SL

Thanks both, I've clarified to Hikvision whose R&D team are looking into these other issues at the moment:
G5 models with speaker and strobe
  • manual strobe light, manual siren, defog, supplement light config all broken
G3 models with speaker and strobe
  • manual strobe light, manual siren, supplement light config all broken
G3 and G5 models without speaker and strobe
  • supplement light config broken
  • selecting 2 way audio, then 'channel' will appear to open the two way audio and show it in progress. This is the one time we should see 'configuration failed' as it's not a supported function

Perfect, thanks @bigmick777. @Kyle - I think we can safely say that the 2 way audio from the M series with V5 works as expected with all camera models, Mick being the only one to be able to test it with a G5 G2H-LISU/SL
I did some further testing as I was pretty sure it wasnt working at some point. What I did find and maybe this is a 'feature' - is that if there is a privacy mask set then two way audio doesnt work.

I did some further testing as I was pretty sure it wasnt working at some point. What I did find and maybe this is a 'feature' - is that if there is a privacy mask set then two way audio doesnt work.
One shouldn't affect the other. I rarely use privacy masks so you might have stumbled on another bug.

Quick update from Hik UK Tech Support to @Kyle - who is currently on holiday:

I am writing to update the progress. We are going to release the HikConnect 5.0.3 which has this bug fixed. The team is in the testing process so the release of the new app version will be soon.

Quick update from Hik UK Tech Support to @Kyle - who is currently on holiday:

I am writing to update the progress. We are going to release the HikConnect 5.0.3 which has this bug fixed. The team is in the testing process so the release of the new app version will be soon.
Hmm Hik-Connect 5.0.3? They released Hik-Connect 6.3.0.20240424.2 just now. I've updated and the issues remain.

Ahem, quoted without thinking [embarrassed face].
We'll reply and see if we can get a more logical version / response ...

They sent this update just after 7 p.m., so I think it must've been a long day! They actually meant the next V5.0.3 M-Series firmware release :)

@Kyle 5.02.008 has been released. Two different build versions are available depending on whether you visit the UK firmware download page or the UK product page (240419 on the download page, 240425 on the product page).

I've just tested (240425) and the issues with Smart Light Compensation, defog etc are fixed along with the ability to manually activate the strobe light and siren on compatible G3 and G5 models.

Last edited:
same here - I have updated to V5.02.008 build 240425 and can confirm I can activate the strobe and siren on my 2347G2H/LISU/SL. I will re-enable the privacy mask that previously stopped 2 way audio and report back.

Back