01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL speaker audio not clear?

oil

I have the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL running off the 7604NXi-K1

However, when we try to use the 2 way audio from the Hik-Connect app to speak with delivery drivers, the audio coming out of the cameras is not clear at all and they struggle to understand us.
We can hear the delivery drivers speaking into the camera, I don't think it's an issue with the speakers itself either, as we have some pre-recorded audible warnings which we downloaded online and they work fine, but it's only when we are trying to speak into the app.

Is there any setting that we could change to make it clearer?

I have the DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL running off the 7604NXi-K1

However, when we try to use the 2 way audio from the Hik-Connect app to speak with delivery drivers, the audio coming out of the cameras is not clear at all and they struggle to understand us.
We can hear the delivery drivers speaking into the camera, I don't think it's an issue with the speakers itself either, as we have some pre-recorded audible warnings which we downloaded online and they work fine, but it's only when we are trying to speak into the app.

Is there any setting that we could change to make it clearer?
From what I’ve found it seems to be useless on iOS but better with Android. Unfortunately there is no way to increase the speaker volume in the camera (only microphone sensitivity)

I should mention that mounting height plays a part (no use under the eaves of a 2 storey house. Also ensure the rotation of turret cameras is not obscuring the speaker opening - a camera that has the opening obscured when directly mounted to a wall, may be clear when mounted to a 90 degree bracket.

Last edited:
Thank you for coming back to me on this. I am using iOS so it may be that! I will also have a look at the last point about making sure the speaker opening isn't obscured!

Thank you for coming back to me on this. I am using iOS so it may be that! I will also have a look at the last point about making sure the speaker opening isn't obscured!
Yeah I've never paid it much attention as to exactly where the sound emanates from. There's a perforated cutout in the cowl but that's not part of the actual camera unit, so you'd need to look at where the speaker grill is on the camera 'ball' itself. Of course I'm talking about a turret camera here (you didn't mention what style of camera yours is - bullet, dome, turret)

What's annoying is that the siren is plenty loud so there's no technical reason the two way audio output level cannot be increased. If it is an iOS specific issue then they (Hikvision) should still resolve it as it will affect roughly 50% of users.

Back