01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

2 Way Audio No longer working DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL - Firmware or configuration error?

same here - I have updated to V5.02.008 build 240425 and can confirm I can activate the strobe and siren on my 2347G2H/LISU/SL. I will re-enable the privacy mask that previously stopped 2 way audio and report back.
Yes that was an unusual bug that wouldn't affect most so it'll be interesting to see if it's still there (I didn't get chance to try and recreate that problem)

Thanks for testing and confirming both :) it's good to see some improvement with the 240425 update. I'll get our NVR updated too and have a look around for any obvious problems.

Thanks for testing and confirming both :) it's good to see some improvement with the 240425 update. I'll get our NVR updated too and have a look around for any obvious problems.
Mouse scroll on frame by frame is still reversed. It's been so long I can't remember the other previously reported issues. There's no 5 second pre playback for events which is a pain. In V5 I'm not even sure where you would set it; there's nothing in the equivalent of Storage > Advanced..

I'll nudge them about the reversed mouse scrolling and dig through the other threads to look at the other issues - there was also some problems regarding compatibility when adding villa and modular intercom doorbells.

For pre/post playback, it looks like these settings are now in Storage Management > Storage Schedule > Video Recording > Advanced Configuration (for each channel):

V5 Web GUI pre-record & record delay.png

I haven't tested whether these work as they should yet, but there is a 5 second option for both...

Yes that was an unusual bug that wouldn't affect most so it'll be interesting to see if it's still there (I didn't get chance to try and recreate that problem)

I retried this early - adding privacy mask to my camera. Tested 4 x times using Hikconnect, twice 2 way audio appeared to work ok, twice it started then got a popup error on Hikconnect saying "the device is in privacy mask status"

I retried this early - adding privacy mask to my camera. Tested 4 x times using Hikconnect, twice 2 way audio appeared to work ok, twice it started then got a popup error on Hikconnect saying "the device is in privacy mask status"
From the popup message it sounds as though it's intentional that 2 way audio doesn't work. It seems to be strange logic; I could understand if the microphone didn't work when there's a privacy mask set, preventing 'listen in'.

I'll nudge them about the reversed mouse scrolling and dig through the other threads to look at the other issues - there was also some problems regarding compatibility when adding villa and modular intercom doorbells.

For pre/post playback, it looks like these settings are now in Storage Management > Storage Schedule > Video Recording > Advanced Configuration (for each channel):

View attachment 10988

I haven't tested whether these work as they should yet, but there is a 5 second option for both...
I missed that as I was looking around in the local UI. Pre event has had issues on and off across other models. It was working where if you were recording 24/7, but set the pre event to 5 seconds that smart playback, event playback and the Hik-Connect clip playback would honour that setting (so that you got to see that many seconds of playback before the moment of trigger). Now it just snaps straight to the trigger during playback which isn't much use as the Human target is already half way across the field of view.

Pre event has had issues on and off across other models.
Yes it has. Just works perfectly when Event Recording only, but not Continuous Recording. Same for me for NXI K series and Hikconnect app. The strange thing here is that on NVR GUI by rule search, always gives a 5 sec pre-Event start. It has been more than one year now and almost 15 updates, but not fixed

Back