01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry How does one remote administer a video intercom?

nathanb

Really simple questions. How can I access the configuration page for DS-KD8003-IME1 when I am not on the same LAN?
The device is already linked to my hikConnect account so it shows up in iVMS as online device but when I click the cog wheel, I get
Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[23].(Not supported.)

When I access it locally, I use the local ip connection. So is there any way to do this?

edit: I should probably also add the reason why I want to do this is because, all of a sudden the open gate buttons from hikconnect don't work. I get an "operation failed" when trying to open the gate. Nothing has changed as far as I'm aware, so wanted to check config. The gate still works if code entered from keypad on the intercom.

Last edited:
Is it your own video intercom - or a customers?

I don't have experience of the intercom - but I do have experience of accessing remotely if there's a Windows PC at the location that's always on (Might be something that you have - might not be - but I'll share it anyway to give you an option to consider.)

By installing RemoteUtilities for Windows on a PC at the site, and having access to a Windows PC/laptop remotely means I can log in and fully control the computer from another location. There have been times when I needed to reboot a PTZ on a POE switch that although on my admin account wouldn't do it through the Hikvision apps, I was able to log on to the PC, open a browser remotely, and access via the local IP address. I can also log in and more finely tune settings than I can using the Hikproconnect app/portal which can be painstakingly slow.

Once finished, I could log out and log off. Whilst connected - there's a little popup warning for anyone who happens to be on site that I've connected (although they are usually aware that I'm doing so anyway). You can have up to 10 PC's running on on free license.

That might not be the answer you're looking for - but might give some food for thought in terms of how to do it if you can't do it through any of the Hikvision portals or apps.

Upvote 0
Yes, it's for my own setup. I just happen not to be local for long periods at a time.
Your suggestion for connecting to a remote PC was my back up plan :)

I assumed ivms/hikconnect platform would have supported remote administration but it'S very much possible this is not the case, and perhaps there are limited usecases for remote administration of an intercom, unlike an NVR.

Upvote 0
yeah, i setup a VPN to my home, and then i can use IVSM, ... too bad indeed there is no webportal

Upvote 0
Hi, modular outdoor station doesn't support browser and you can't add it to hik-connect.
So there is no chance of administrating it remotly if you don't use VPN like NoFate said.

Upvote 0
What's odd about the outdoor station, is that it does host a webserver but it can only be accessed via ivms and not standalone.
Taking that aside, what I don't understand is why you cannot connect to the configuration via ivms through hik-connect, like the NVRs. Hikvision once again not offering a consistent UX.

VPN/remote pc access it is.

Upvote 0
Hi nathanb, pure reason is with not supporting browser. And also, you cannot add outdoor modular station to the hik-connect, so you don't have any way to connect to it. Tech support from hikvision europe ones said that that will be option in future, but when...

Upvote 0
There is a new : DS-KD8003-IME1(B)/S
New hardware revision, supporting a web client!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
There is a new : DS-KD8003-IME1(B)/S
New hardware revision, supporting a web client!!
Urgg that's annoying, it's a new hardware version. It would be interesting to know why they couldn't do this on existing model.

Link to device - DS-KD8003-IME1(B)/S (obviously available in all form factors not just /S steel)

I'm hoping they'll have some future firmware updates for missing features at least. That would make the modular system so much better (see my list here - Door Entry - Video intercom - dual keypad and other questions)

Upvote 0
Not gonna happen, our models just don't have enough capacity or space to run extra stuff and webserver, don't expect it to be in a new firmware

Upvote 0
Back