01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[91] on live/main view?

mikejburden

Hi,

We have a number of IP cameras that are online and I can see the image clearly when I look at the main/live view for the camera in a 1:1 screen on either iVMS-4200 or when connected directly to the NVR or the camera on an internet browser using the IP address. However, when I am viewing multiple cameras (for example, on a 3x3 grid) the square for the camera comes up with the following error message:

Reconnecting... The operation is not supported by the channel.(Error code: HCNetSDK.dll[910.)

From what I have seen on other websites online there is a suggestion this is either due to insufficient power via PoE, or due to the stream automatically changing. I don't understand why this would be a power issue, given the feed works fine if you view the camera individually.

I have tried editing various settings on the stream directly by navigating to the IP address, but I can't get this to work. I have tried changing the stream type to sub stream, but a dialogue pops up saying this is not supported by the camera.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Attachments

• Video Settings.jpg
    Video Settings.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 128
Hi @mikejburden

What camera models do you have and what firmware versions are they currently running?
What NVR model do you have and what firmware version is it currently running?

Hi Dan,

Please see attached screenshots and summaries below.

Camera:
Model: DS-2CD2122FWD-I
Firmware Version: V5.4.0 build 160401

DVR:
Model: DS-7716NI-E4
Firmware Version: V3.4.106 build 191009

With thanks,

Mike

Attachments

• Camera Info.jpg
    Camera Info.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DVR.jpg
    DVR.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 95
Thanks @mikejburden

Both your cameras and NVR are not running the latest firmware, the cameras especially are way out of date (they are currently using 2016 firmware).

See the firmware updates we recommend below:

DS-2CD2122FWD-I - V5.4.5_Build170124 // V5.5.0_Build170725 // V5.5.82_Build190909 (update to each of these versions one at a time to avoid glitches/issues, do NOT just jump to the latest firmware)

DS-7716NI-E4 - V3.4.106 build230316

Update all of the firmware and then check the split screen issue again. It should be working in iVMS-4200 after the update, but you might continue to have browser issues because of the age of your cameras & NVR (they still require a browser plug-in to work correctly but most modern browsers no longer support this plug-in).

Thank you. I logged on to post that I'd resolved this, but have just seen your message which is also super helpful.

I just installed the latest version of iVMS-4200 and have discovered that if you are in 'Main View' and right click on the view group, you can then manually select the main stream instead of auto stream. That resolved the issue.

However, I am also in the process of upgrading the firmware. Thank you!

Back