01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision video intercom - Can the Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 also ring some sort of existing traditional chime device in the house?

Hi,

I already have installed a Hikviison NVR and a number of Hikvision IP cameras. I wanted to add the Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 Video Intercom Module Door Station to the set-up.

My question is:

Can the Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 also ring some sort of existing traditional chime device in the house.

I know it can alert on the phone via the hik-connect app or a Hikvision video station. Does it have the ability to connect to the traditional ding dong door chime.

Thanks,

Hi @anilsharma11826

It's been discussed on this forum before, but I don't think anybody has managed to get it to work.

In theory, if you have a chime that can be triggered by a NO/NC relay contact, then it should be possible, but this seems to be problematic, e.g. see the end of this thread:

Most people end up using an indoor station instead, which is more than loud enough :)

Many thanks Kyle for the advise. From reading the thread and your feedback it's not a proven solution to work with an existing chime and therefore the recommend option would be to use the Hikvision IP door intercom with a Indoor station screen.

Yes, using an indoor station is our recommended solution :)

When Connected to an Indoor Station, you can use one of the Relay Outputs of the Indoor Station to Activate a [External Device] Hardwired Chime. In the Settings of the Indoor Station you Configure the Relay "to follow an in coming Call' [not exact wording]

I recently used this format for a Community Radio Station who needed the Indoor Station to Desktop Mounted in the Studio, so the Announcers could Answer Calls & Open Door Lock of the Buildings External Entry ........... During Live ON-AIR Broadcasts. The Challenge [here it is], the Inddor Station needed to Call Silent & Remain Silent when answered, plus they still needed to somehow be made aware there was an incoming call
I Fixed a Bright LED Striplight to the Indoor Station, Configured an Relay Output of the Indoor Station to Activate a 12v DC Motorcycle Flasher Cam upon an incoming call. I had the Studio Techs Record an audio clip of "Pure Silence", uploaded it to the Indoor Station using it as the Call/Ring Tone.

When Connected to an Indoor Station, you can use one of the Relay Outputs of the Indoor Station to Activate a [External Device] Hardwired Chime. In the Settings of the Indoor Station you Configure the Relay "to follow an in coming Call' [not exact wording]

I recently used this format for a Community Radio Station who needed the Indoor Station to Desktop Mounted in the Studio, so the Announcers could Answer Calls & Open Door Lock of the Buildings External Entry ........... During Live ON-AIR Broadcasts. The Challenge [here it is], the Inddor Station needed to Call Silent & Remain Silent when answered, plus they still needed to somehow be made aware there was an incoming call
I Fixed a Bright LED Striplight to the Indoor Station, Configured a Relay Output of the Indoor Station to Activate a 12v DC Motorcycle Flasher Cam upon an incoming call. I had the Studio Techs Record an audio clip of "Pure Silence", uploaded it to the Indoor Station using it as the Call/Ring Tone.
Smart solution, fair play to you.

cool setup, but no wiring is needed, you can get the callstatus by using SDK, ISAPI is not possible on 8003, because you need to intercept it from indoor... and 80 is closed on indoor

But we created a docker based on SDK to get all events and we can also send events, thay way you turn on something else

here is the addon for Home Assistant, but can run as standalone too... Mqtt integration will come next

Back