01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Intercom blacklisted - hikvision say either hardware or internet?

AWSL

Hello - hope to find some help.
Both my installer & hikvision tele support at a loss here…

Indoor station KH8520 successfully activated on Hik-Connect...then became offline.

Hikvision support explained unit blacklisted as switching on & off - said this was either the unit or the internet connection.
Blacklist lifted, but then offline status resumed.
Firmware all up to date.

Replacement indoor station sourced, activated and visible on Hik-Connect…then went offline - suspect suffering the same fate.
So, don’t believe it to be the unit.

In terms of connections:
- Hikvision NVR with cameras and intercom door camera all remain active / visible on Hik-Connect.
- Doorstation and camera on Hikvision PoE switch

Any guidance to help resolve what looks like a network issue (?) much appreciated.

Hi @AWSL
I'd make sure that the indoor station has a fixed IP address (keep DHCP turned off), in case something on the network is causing the IP to change and knocking it offline.
Is the unit connected to the network via Wi-Fi?
What router are you using?
Do you have powerline adapters, access points, or similar on the network to which the unit could be connecting?

Hi Kyle
Thanks for your reply.
DHCP is off. WiFi is off.
Indoor station connected to Hikvision PoE…in turn connects to TP link switch…in turn connected to BT Home Hub
No powerline adapters.
Any view on local IP address ending .166 vs Door Station IP ending .155 as an issue?
Thanks again.

Any view on local IP address ending .166 vs Door Station IP ending .155 as an issue?
This shouldn't be a problem - you could try changing these last numbers to something higher to be certain nothing else on the network picks up the same ones.

Are any of your cables homemade? I.e. the one connecting the camera to the POE switch or the one between the switch and router?
Could you be exceeding the power budget on the POE switch with other connected devices?

Back