01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113 network unstable?

obrien.james

Hi,

I have installed a DS-KIS603-P kit, and initially it was all working fine. The KV6113 is set up to connect via WiFi and is connected to Hik-connect directly, and calls the indoor station.
Recently, when trying to view the KV6113 via his-connect app it keeps coming up with "Network Unstable", however if you press the doorbell button, it calls without issue - just doesn't load the video.

Also if you try and live view the KV6113 from the indoor station (DS-KH6320-WTE1) I get the error message 10901 - but I can't seem to find any documentation as to what this error means.

The KV6113 is connected to a 2.4ghz SSID with no other clients connected, and the install location has fibre broadband.

There's never an issue connecting to the NVR on site.

Is this a wifi issue, or something else I can program around in the settings?

Thanks in advance

James

Any reason why the KV6113 is connected to Hik-Connect as opposed to the KH6320-WTE1? I've only installed the one of these kits a few weeks ago to be honest, however I did it as per the various installation videos. The setup was all carried out on the indoor station with that indoor station being added to Hik-Connect. It all worked great both locally and remotely. The outdoor unit was still visible to the existing NVR so I added the outdoor unit to a spare channel on that for recording as well. In Hik-Connect I could either select the indoor unit to view the camera or select the NVR and view the camera there.

Thanks for the advice.

I have removed the KV6113 from Hik-Connect and unbound too; Ive added the KH6320 to His-Connect and see how it goes.
The KH6320 is connected to the network via ethernet, KV6113 still on WIFI as its not easy to get a Cat cable to the install location the cavity walls are capped in the loft space :-( I'll see how this goes.

Thanks again

James

Thanks for the advice.

I have removed the KV6113 from Hik-Connect and unbound too; Ive added the KH6320 to His-Connect and see how it goes.
The KH6320 is connected to the network via ethernet, KV6113 still on WIFI as its not easy to get a Cat cable to the install location the cavity walls are capped in the loft space :-( I'll see how this goes.

Thanks again

James
Be sure to report back. I'm no expert on the intercoms. I did also mess around on the one I installed and added the outdoor unit to Hik-Connect temporarily but there seemed to be no benefit so just did everything from the KH6320, adding the IP address of the KV6113 as the 'Main Door Station' in the settings.

I will update here, especially if there are ongoing issues.
Originally I had the KV6113 also added to my NVR to record, and despite it saying network unstable, it never stopped recording.

Will keep people posted.

I will update here, especially if there are ongoing issues.
Originally I had the KV6113 also added to my NVR to record, and despite it saying network unstable, it never stopped recording.

Will keep people posted.
I'm going to get one of the kits myself for home. I wanted to just get the outdoor unit as I've no need for a screen. I did notice during testing that if I had Hik-Connect logged in and running in the background on my smart home dashboards (Fire Tablets running HD+ for Hubitat system) that during a call Hik-Connect would come to the foreground allowing me to answer the call anywhere in the house which was quite cool. I think however:

1. You have to have the screen if you want a separate indoor chime as only the relay contacts on the indoor station are configurable (I couldn't get away with using the tones on the tablet alone). It seems a waste but I'd just have to tuck the screen away out of sight. I could get the C model without Wifi of the 6113 for half the price of the kit with the screen.
  2. It doesn't play as well with Hik-Connect. There's no video clips available of the caller, either locally on the SD or on Hik-Connect so I can't get a video clip on the phone app just a snapshot. I'm not too bothered about not getting a clip on the SD card but would like to be able to view one via Hik-Connect. In that respect the Pyronix Doorbell/Cam wins.

Hi,

I have installed a DS-KIS603-P kit, and initially it was all working fine. The KV6113 is set up to connect via WiFi and is connected to Hik-connect directly, and calls the indoor station.
Recently, when trying to view the KV6113 via his-connect app it keeps coming up with "Network Unstable", however if you press the doorbell button, it calls without issue - just doesn't load the video.

Also if you try and live view the KV6113 from the indoor station (DS-KH6320-WTE1) I get the error message 10901 - but I can't seem to find any documentation as to what this error means.

The KV6113 is connected to a 2.4ghz SSID with no other clients connected, and the install location has fibre broadband.

There's never an issue connecting to the NVR on site.

Is this a wifi issue, or something else I can program around in the settings?

Thanks in advance

James
Yeh i get this as well. Reboot the doorbell and things will start working. It will fail again quickly though. Totally unreliable on the latest firmwares. I have 3 of the screens + 1 doorbell. Running for a year now. High unreliability rate. Good thing i have Blue Iris + Fire tablets + telegram alerting as a backup. Otherwise no idea who is visiting the house.

I was wondering if you managed to find a solution or identify the cause of the 10901 error code issue. I've encountered this problem a few times, and based on your description, it appears that the only effective fix is to reboot the outdoor station.

why does it matter if you view doorbell video via hik connect or the screen. The sceen i never use, why use it when you can have it on your phone ? But I agree also that the doorbell over wifi has high unreliabilty. For me it will never fail to ring on our mobile devices, however video is only working maybe 60% of the time. I have tried different routers/2.4/5 etc

why does it matter if you view doorbell video via hik connect or the screen
It doesn't
The sceen i never use, why use it when you can have it on your phone ?
Up until the latest firmware version it's the only way to get a ring tone locally (with the latest update you can reconfigure the lock output on the outdoor unit as 'mechanical doorbell' and connected that to a wireless bell push). If Hik-Connect or the internet was down you wouldn't get the call. The indoor screen works locally so as long as your router is up, it will work.

But I agree also that the doorbell over wifi has high unreliabilty
That's likely to be down to the Wi-Fi signal strength, quality etc. Many people struggle for a decent signal inside the home, never mind externally.

My door intercom KV8113-WME1(B) and internal station are both running on Cat 6a Ethernet cable, so there is no network issue. Every few weeks or months, the error 10901 appears and requires me to restart the door intercom to make it work again. However, the NVR still keeps recording despite this.

Since my March post above, I am happy to say there have been no issues at all. There i've jinxed it! But you can see, you'll have large periods of good, and then some periods of crap. Ironically I now have a completely different problem related to hik-connect (but related to the same equipment). I'll paste a link to that question here once i've typed it up.

I was wondering if you managed to find a solution or identify the cause of the 10901 error code issue. I've encountered this problem a few times, and based on your description, it appears that the only effective fix is to reboot the outdoor station.
Hey, have you managed to resolve the issue. I have KV8113 connected via POE and KH9513 indoor. Until recently I was on 2.2.50 firmware for KV8113 and for no good reason decided to upgrade to latest 2.2.53 firmware and since then I started having the network connectivity issue and had to reboot it.
I can't downgrade as I didn't saved a copy of the firmware 2.2.50 and I think even if I try it would fail to downgrade.
Any solution to this network connectivity issue ?

Back