01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) photo/picture/snapshot URL?

balimelon

Dear Community,

I have a DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) doorbell with firmware V2.2.53 build 210907. So far, I have no issues to get video streamed from doorbell using the following URL:

Code:
rtsp://user:password@192.168.1.x:554/Streaming/channels/101/

However, I haven't been able to get a still snapshot from the doorbell. I have tried the following URL formats, according to several sources coming from forums and HikVision documentation but none of them work:

Code:
http://user:password@192.168.1.x/Streaming/channels/1/picture
http://user:password@192.168.1.x/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/httpPreview
http://user:password@192.168.1.x/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/1/picture
http://user:password@192.168.1.x/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture

Has anyone managed to get a snapshot from such doorbell? Any help, please? Taking into account that the current firmware is not able to deliver snapshots together with notifications upon motion detection (hopefully, HikVision makes something to include such a feature soon), I am trying to get the snapshot from HomeAssistant when motion detection is detected, and send the snapshot from HomeAssistant instead from the doorbell/HikConnect App directly.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I don't have the doorbell but if you're using HA have you tried motioneye? You can run that on a Pi, add the rtsp stream to the doorbell and it'll provide a web server and its own url's for a live stream or snapshot and also has configurable motion detection etc.

I don't have the doorbell but if you're using HA have you tried motioneye? You can run that on a Pi, add the rtsp stream to the doorbell and it'll provide a web server and its own url's for a live stream or snapshot and also has configurable motion detection etc.
Thanks, JB1970. That's a nice approach. However, I'd rather to find a solution which does not require to get a photo from a non-stop video feed. The doorbell is wifi connected. If I do what you suggest, I will have two live streams at the same time when someone calls the doorbell: The one for MotionEye and the one that will be streamed to the doorbell App. In such scenery, the stream coming to the doorbell App becomes laggy, because there will be two parallel streams. I actually tried a similar option using the Video Surveillance App option for a Synology NAS, and the lag I mentioned occurred.

Thanks, JB1970. That's a nice approach. However, I'd rather to find a solution which does not require to get a photo from a non-stop video feed. The doorbell is wifi connected. If I do what you suggest, I will have two live streams at the same time when someone calls the doorbell: The one for MotionEye and the one that will be streamed to the doorbell App. In such scenery, the stream coming to the doorbell App becomes laggy, because there will be two parallel streams. I actually tried a similar option using the Video Surveillance App option for a Synology NAS, and the lag I mentioned occurred.
Ah ok, understood. Probably not the way you want to do it, but if you only connect motioneye to the RTSP stream from the doorbell, then use the motioneye urls for live stream or snapshot in HA, there’s only the one stream going over the WiFi between doorbell and motioneye.

@balimelon - I'm a beginner with the same devices and Synology as yourself. Do you mind saying how you can do 'something' in Synology with the WPE1(B) please? Settings etc. A screenshot or anything? thanks

I don't know if it's any comfort but I have the same issue with firmware v 4.30.060 build201228 on DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B) from the Hikvision Europe download website.

The live picture feed via RTSP still works but not the snapshot ISAPI url as previously:

Via the browser I noted that the ISAPI checkbox cannot be activated/deactivated (under Network/Advanced Settings/Integration Protocol) - it's greyed out and may be ineffective. When I use a direct HDMI connection to the NVR I cannot find the ISAPI setting.

I'm sure it's a bug. I reported to support.eu@hikvision.com but redirect to my reseller (which I don't have ... sigh!)

I tried multiple urls to obtain the snapshot as documented in Hikvision manuals but none work, one more to check for you:

PS: I don't know what the (B) standards for in HikVision products

@balimelon - I'm a beginner with the same devices and Synology as yourself. Do you mind saying how you can do 'something' in Synology with the WPE1(B) please? Settings etc. A screenshot or anything? thanks
I did just a quick check with Synology Video Surveillance App to see whether it worked. However, I uninstalled it because it did not work for my purpose, so I cannot share any screen capture now. Anyway, it is quite easy to set it up once Video Surveillance is installed. As far as I remember, the specific model we have was not on the preset cameras list (perhaps now it is). I think I just chose generic ONVIF camera or a common HikVision camera/doorbell type. Then, you just fill in the camera's IP and you should be able to watch your camera's live feed. From that point, just play around with the options available. Good luck!

Hi , anyone able to get a still image from doorstation intercoms? i have an 8003 , only rtsp is possible; not a still image with those ISAPI url's

yes, there are workarounds, with motioneye or synology, but it should be possible too with direct isapi url

thnx!!

You won't get any snapshots on HikConnect if you are adding the outdoor station, just a notification with a bell symbol. You need to add the indoor station to HikConnect to view snapshots as these are pulled from the monitors internal storage.

You can add both, then just mute the notifications from the outdoor station so they don't double up. This way you can also set any motion detection areas you may want via the app.

You won't get any snapshots on HikConnect if you are adding the outdoor station, just a notification with a bell symbol. You need to add the indoor station to HikConnect to view snapshots as these are pulled from the monitors internal storage.

You can add both, then just mute the notifications from the outdoor station so they don't double up. This way you can also set any motion detection areas you may want via the app.
Agreed, this is what I found out recently!

I was not talking about hikconnect, I was just looking for the correct ISAPi string for getting the jpeg from a camera, like the RTSP string

I'm facing the same issue, unable to get ISAPI Snapshot, any solution? (from my NVR I can get a snapshot, with the correct channel of the doorbell)

Found it:

Support capture device image through ISAPI protocol.
/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/1/picture?snapShotImageType=JPEG&videoResolutionWidth=1280&videoResolutionHeight=720&imageQuality=better

snapShotImageType:picture format, only support JPEG now
videoResolutionWidth:videoResolutionHeight:picture resolution, if not use this parameter, by default it’s 704*576. Supported resolution:1280*720, 704*576,704*480,352*288,352*240,176*144,176*120
imageQuality:support best,better,normal,general

Hmm....when i run on the cmd line, it gives me "bad URL format"

$ curl --digest -u admin:xxxx "http://192.168.10.65/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/1/picture?snapShotImageType=JPEG&videoResolutionWidth=1280&videoResolutionHeight=720&imageQuality=better" <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ResponseStatus version="1.0" xmlns="http://www.std-cgi.com/ver10/XMLSchema"> <statusCode>5</statusCode> <statusString>Invalid Format</statusString> <subStatusCode>badURLFormat</subStatusCode> <errorCode>1342177283</errorCode> <errorMsg>bad URL format</errorMsg> </ResponseStatus>

That Url snapshot is only available on newer firmwares, it was only introduced like a year ago...
For mine ds-kd8003 I also had to update to use that snapshot url, it's in the release notes too

Back