01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113-WPE1(B) Serial Port upgrade using TTL?

bizentech

Hello, I accidentally loaded old or incompatible firmware to my KV6113 Door Bell. May have been version A or something, i dont know. But after the upgrade (well, downgrade) I am unable to log into the device. Yes, I am able to access a login screen but my set password (and other potential hikvision assigned passwords) just down work. Only option is to do a password reset or TTL upgrade via serial port (I somewhat know what to do... putty and what not, but dont know those root credentials) But I dont know the pin out and device wont communicate to TTL adapter. Suggestions? instructions?

Thanks in advance!!

Disregard! Worked with just uploading the digicap.dav firmware onto a blank SD card, inserted it into the doorbell camera, powered it up, and boom! Uploading! apparently the upload deactivates everything (good in my situation) but could be a potential security flaw because outside has access to the SD card slot

Disregard! Worked with just uploading the digicap.dav firmware onto a blank SD card, inserted it into the doorbell camera, powered it up, and boom! Uploading! apparently the upload deactivates everything (good in my situation) but could be a potential security flaw because outside has access to the SD card slot
I was going to suggest tftp using the ethernet interface, I've seen Hikvision tftp software on one of their websites. Did it transfer the firmware from the sd card to internal EEPROM?

Yes, DB Camera went back to inactivate after it accepted the firmware. TFTP and/or telnet did nothing. Only option was the SD card slot. Was easy and worked flawlessly

Yes, DB Camera went back to inactivate after it accepted the firmware. TFTP and/or telnet did nothing. Only option was the SD card slot. Was easy and worked flawlessly
interesting, during the startup boot it must've checked the sd card root directory for a firmware file.

I've fixed many devices with firmware problems and Its unusual for TFTP to fail, that indicates a hardware problem. The fallback then is the RS232 serial interface. The console setup is usually 115200 N81 xmodem, this can vary.

TFTP never initialized. Same with the RS232 serial interface. Idk maybe I was doing something wrong but it’s still fixed nonetheless

I got DS-KV6113-WPE1 not b version accidently flashed with wrong software and now im not able to downgrade. Tested to format a sd card and put v2.1.5_200904 on sd card. Do i have to do anything special to get it to upgrade with the sd card?

I got DS-KV6113-WPE1 not b version accidently flashed with wrong software and now im not able to downgrade. Tested to format a sd card and put v2.1.5_200904 on sd card. Do i have to do anything special to get it to upgrade with the sd card?

nope! Just upload the FIRMWARE FILE ONLY to the SD card, no folders or sub folders or other content. Just the single file, place SD card into doorbell, power up and Doorbell will pull new firmware. Once it is complete, it will reboot, at which point, remove the SD card so it doesn’t do the process again. Your doorbell will be deactivated just like new

Sadly this dont dont work my DS-KV6113-WPE1 should i have networkcable connected and running any program in backround? It starts normaly like when out a card in it

If there is no hard reset button then the only other option is the SD Card slot or using the serial port. I don’t know how to do the serial port version. Make sure you have the correct firmware for the A series. Honestly it should work. You must be doing something wrong. Put SD card in with correct firmware, then plug in Ethernet with PoE NOT connected to network. Just poe and SD card. NO NETWORK and NO BASE because then it may grab an IP address

Im using 12v adaptor to power it up. The problem mayby that it has ip and i cant make it defult.
ip192.0.0.64
gatway 0.0.0.0
That is the corect defult settings?

I did manage to restero default settings in web browser tryed another sd card, put it in and power now it is constantly white light is it just wait?

Attachments

• 230625574_801651680719339_1082662093497641082_n.jpg
    230625574_801651680719339_1082662093497641082_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 220
Just reading this, just a thought, did you extract the file first as it’s a zip from the download site

Have been trying this, this afternoon to sort the firmware on a DS-KV6113 which has disappeared from network after firmware upgrade. It seems to upgrade from SD card ok, but cannot get it back on the network

Have you tried looking for it with the SADP software, it may have defaulted to a different IP address. Just a thought, a log shot

No, haven't been able to pick it up on SADP. It's a very strange one.

Can confirm the firmware needs removed from zip file to be recognised by camera

And we have a solution! I dropped a version from what I was installing on the SD card, and downgraded the firmware. Don't ask me how.... it just reappeared!

Back