01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry DS-KV6113-WPE1(C) setup issues?

bchong

Hi

I bought this doorbell to use it as standalone unit without the monitor. I managed to upgrade the firmware followings Daniel's YouTube instructions. However, I am not able to connect to my Hik connect. I downloaded the app, however the app states the following.

"Currently only adding local devices is supported. Log in to get more services."

Can someone please share or point me to the right direction on how to get the door bell working and link it in order for my phone to get notification? I am at loss. :(

I search everyone but I cannot seems to find the right answer.

Thanks.

Braxton

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409-142017_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20240409-142017_Hik-Connect.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 28
Hi @bchong

See the instructions in our forum guide below:

You'll need to log in to the door station with a browser, enable Platform Access, and then add the device to your Hik-Connect account.

Thanks Dan

I will try that. However I have another question. I have disconnect the doorbell and powered it on again (via POE connected directly to the switch) However it generated a second IP address. Both seems online and active. How can I check which is the correct one and is there a guide to set static IP for my doorbell please?

Add: I tried log in to both IP address and I can log in without problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-09 144228.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-09 144228.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 24
Hi @bchong

The 192.168.0.247 address is most likely your local hard-wired IP address, these door station models support WiFi so the other address is most likely your WiFi IP address for the device.

When you log in with a browser, you can go to the network settings and disable WiFi (if you plan to keep the device PoE-powered) and that should remove that 2nd IP address.

Back