01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO DS-PWA96-M-WE control panel - Constant beeping?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

wickedy

Hi everyone,

I have a DS-PWA96-M-WE control panel, firmware version V1.2.8 build 230110.

It was working fine until recently, when one day it stated every sensor and sounder device in the house was reported offline, except for all 9 x DS-PDPC12P-EG2-WE Wireless PIRCAM detectors. The devices that were permanently offline included 2 external sounders, three internal sounders and about 20 window and door sensors.

The one difference I can think of between these sensors is that maybe the PIRCAMs were all enrolled via QR code, whereas the other sensors were enrolled via auto-enrolment. Just a thought.

I was unable to get any of the devices to rejoin and it also refused to allow any device to be deleted ("device not found").

At this point the constant BEEPING had started. The control panel beeps once per second, continuously, and the only way to silence it is to turn the panel volume down to zero. It sounds just like a reversing delivery van.

I have tried fully resetting the panel numerous times, so that now it has absolutely no devices registered on it. I have even tried unbinding it
from hik-connect and adding it again. I've also tried downgrading the firmware, as it's at the latest version - downgrades seem to be blocked.

The BEEPING always starts again, shortly after each reset.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? I'm starting to suspect some kind of bizarre hardware failure.

Back