01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Dvr IP address will not connect?

View attachment 9963

It now says Nat status DisEnable is this correct?
Should i be using No-ip for the ddns?
I'm not sure what it means in this context, I think it is related to the cloud connection.

No-IP is fine, are there other options?

For NTP
make sure the DVR region and timezone are correct. Enable daylight saving.

check enable
check custom
NTP IP 193.150.34.2
port 123
update period 1440 minutes
save

restart DVR
wizard should not run
Check network settings.
check date / time

David

I'm not sure what it means in this context, I think it is related to the cloud connection.

No-IP is fine, are there other options?

For NTP
make sure the DVR region and timezone are correct. Enable daylight saving.

check enable
check custom
NTP IP 193.150.34.2
port 123
update period 1440 minutes
save

restart DVR
wizard should not run
Check network settings.
check date / time

David
Before i restart does the info look correct?
Apart from the username and password i have kept the domain name the same as i was given the details, it’s a free account but needs updating every month.

Attachments

• F25BE9CA-B4AD-40EB-BA20-9EFB36838809.jpeg
    F25BE9CA-B4AD-40EB-BA20-9EFB36838809.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Before i restart does the info look correct?
Apart from the username and password i have kept the domain name the same as i was given the details, it’s a free account but needs updating every month.
looks ok, can you post the network settings?

looks ok, can you post the network settings?
I just reset and the wizard didn’t start but went straight to the black screen and all the service settings had reverted back to their old ones.
I have to click Quick Set which finds the camera and it connects.

I just reset and the wizard didn’t start but went straight to the black screen and all the service settings had reverted back to their old ones.
I have to click Quick Set which finds the camera and it connects.
after you click Quick Set are all the settings restored? If so, is there an option to "always use these settings"?

Could you post screenshots of the system menus and any advanced settings?

We could be looking at a factory reset, do you know the admin password for the camera?

David

Me again,
You suggested doing a hard reset on the dvr, i think i already tried it using a video on youtube. It was a few weeks ago now but i followed these instructions.

Unplug power, tv and data cable
Remove screws
Look for reset button or J1 ( i have no button and J1 is just a hole in the board )
Remove battery ( i do have a battery )
Reconnect cabels keeping battery out
Switch on dvr
Wait for 5 mins after startup
Unplug power cable replace battery
Reconnect power and all settings should be default

It hadn't changed anything.

So far touch wood, the camera hasn't gone offline and i can see it through my phone so I'm trying not to touch it.
If you have another reset option i would love to give it a try because I don't believe in giving up.....it will not beat me.

Me again,
You suggested doing a hard reset on the dvr, i think i already tried it using a video on youtube. It was a few weeks ago now but i followed these instructions.

Unplug power, tv and data cable
Remove screws
Look for reset button or J1 ( i have no button and J1 is just a hole in the board )
Remove battery ( i do have a battery )
Reconnect cabels keeping battery out
Switch on dvr
Wait for 5 mins after startup
Unplug power cable replace battery
Reconnect power and all settings should be default

It hadn't changed anything.

So far touch wood, the camera hasn't gone offline and i can see it through my phone so I'm trying not to touch it.
If you have another reset option i would love to give it a try because I don't believe in giving up.....it will not beat me.
send me the link to the video.

removing the battery should make the DVR forget its config, pressing the reset button could be the equivalent of removing the battery. After the reset did you have to add the camera again?

I think this was the video i used

To answer your question yes i had to enter all the settings and changes again and add the camera. Luckily we reserved the addresses so it was quite easy to get the camera back online.
The strange thing is if i click on Upnp on the router i can see the camera details but not the dvr even though they are both cable connected.

The strange thing is if i click on Upnp on the router i can see the camera details but not the dvr even though they are both cable connected.
The camera probably has upnp enabled, for security reasons I usually disable upnp on all my local network devices. See this Youtube video. I always setup port forwarding on my router.

It may be worthwhile changing the DVR battery.

Is the date / time ok?

don't forget to check your camera for upnp, ntp etc.

David

Hi again,
Yesterday morning the black screen was back. I have disabled the Upnp in the router settings and i keep disabling the option in the Dvr services but when it reset itself last night all the settings reverted back again.
Why it reverts back to my friends settings and not the default i have no idea.
Could the battery be the problem?

Ok something strange has happened...
I just checked the Upnp on the router and it's re-enabled itself and i have something new connected.
The description says 'ip royal paws', port number 46872, Tcp and the ip address that i used for the dvr. I tried to get a screen shot for you but my ipad won't do it.

Ok something strange has happened...
I just checked the Upnp on the router and it's re-enabled itself and i have something new connected.
The description says 'ip royal paws', port number 46872, Tcp and the ip address that i used for the dvr. I tried to get a screen shot for you but my ipad won't do it.
Does anyone else have access to your router / wifi network? You should be able to check the router logs to see if there are any logins you don't recognise.

Is DDNS enabled on the router or any port forwarding rules you don't recognise?

I think you should factory reset your router and then change the router admin and wifi password. Let me know if you need any help.

@sue
before resetting your router lets check who your ISP is and how you connect to them.

Back