01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Dvr IP address will not connect?

sue

Hello,
I feel completely confused and don't know what to do anymore. To cut a long story short...
I have inherited a H264nvr/dvr system with no brand name and an outside camera. The sticker on the unit says model: N7908F with XMEye.

My router is Archer C2 with Tp-link (green version)
Both the nvr/dvr and camera are connected directly via cabels to the router with their own mains power no batteries.
I turn the unit on and i have green lights and yellow flashing for the net.
As soon as i hear the beep the screen turns black with the word Offline. It used to start with the Wizard but now i have to start that manually.
I right click for settings, click on network and i get these settings.

Ip Address : 192.168.1.10
Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.1.1
Primary dns : 1.1.1.1
Secondary dns : 0.0.0.0
Media port : 7000
Http : 87

I have tried checking the DHCP box but nothing changes. I have tried all sorts of ip addresses and ports but every time it resets i start the whole circle again back to the same settings.

Now a small mercy is that after just changing the ip address to 192.168.0.150 (no restart) gateway to 192.168.0.1 and both DNS to 0.0.0.0 i click ok and then go into 'Quick set'.
It searches and finds the camera ip address and port 8999. I now get footage from the camera.

Untill...

The unit loses the connection for some reason and the black screen is back. Ahhhh!
Am i just missing something or has my dvr contracted some sort of glitch.
If anyone can shine a light it would be most welcome.

Sue

Hi @sue

Have you tried setting the Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and the Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4?

Thanks Dan for the reply,

As you can probably guess this is my first system so any and all help is welcome.
This morning the dreaded black offline screen was back so i have entered the ip address again using 192.168.0.106, gateway 192.168.0.1 and as you suggested primary dns 8.8.8.8 and secondary dns 8.8.4.4
I kept the media port 7000 and Http 87 so no restart and i can see the camera working... now we wait to see if the black screen comes back.
Fingers and everything crossed.

I do have another question...
If i use the Wizard/Guide i enter the parameters as above and click test and it stll comes up with Test gateway...ERR but my pc says thats my gateway.
Any ideas why?

Thanks again for your patience
Sue

If i use the Wizard/Guide i enter the parameters as above and click test and it stll comes up with Test gateway...ERR but my pc says thats my gateway.
Any ideas why?
Morning Sue, could you post a screenshot of the problem?

The gateway address belongs to your router. From what I've seen it is 192.168.0.1, that is the usual default for a TP-Link Archer C2.

David

Screen shots...
20231011_095253.jpg
20231011_095822.jpg
20231011_095349.jpg
20231011_095532.jpg

As i mentioned before normally the Wizard/guide starts up and I get the first screen, the thing I can't get my head around is why it's showing an ip address that is 192.168.1.... when my network is 192.168.0....
As you already know I can't port forward to 192.168.1....
I hope these photos help.

Sue

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope these photos help.
Hi Sue,
Yes they do.

Have you setup any connections to the cloud?
See my attachment, can you post screenshots of the settings for the two I've highlighted? Click the edit "pen" on the righthand side of each.

David

Sorry for the terrible photos, sun on tv screen.
348DA305-4103-4748-86DD-44DAD44E9FE9.jpeg

@sue,
I'm assuming the cloud and DDNS info is from the previous owner.
Cloud
disable (uncheck box) save

DDNS
disable
delete existing data
save. You may have to click the drop down box to the right of DDNS Type and select None, then save

I forgot to flag the UPNP setting. Disable that and save

post another screenshot of the System> Net Services page.

Startup wizard.
Select DHCP, all the other settings may become greyed out. They may also be replaced by info from your router. click ok

Startup wizards usually run once and then disable themselves, There could also be a small check box on the final wizard screen to disable the startup wizard after a restart. If there is not, there should be a setting under system(???) to disable the startup wizard.

do you know the password for the camera? It is possible there is not one.

Did you inherit the TP-Link router as well?

David

Reactions: Dan
Ok, i don't want to jinx it but this morning i turned on the tv to check the camera and yippee no black screen. All seems to be working.
Now I'm going to try changing the ddns settings and delete info as suggested above.

The ddns settings are from the previous owner but i did try changing them to my settings. The router is my own.

Wish me luck

Ok, screen shot of systems page after changing.
20231012_103849.jpg

I opened the Wizard and checked the dhcp box, the ip, subnet and gateway turn grey and i click ok. On the next screen i click retry to test the network and it still comes up with Test Gateway .......ERR in red.

Should i restart the dvr or change something in the router settings
Thanks for being so patient.

Last edited:
Ok, i don't want to jinx it but this morning i turned on the tv to check the camera and yippee no black screen. All seems to be working.
Now I'm going to try changing the ddns settings and delete info as suggested above.

The ddns settings are from the previous owner but i did try changing them to my settings. The router is my own.

Wish me luck
good luck, let me know how you get on.

David

I opened the Wizard and checked the dhcp box, the ip, subnet and gateway turn grey and i click ok. On the next screen i click retry to test the network and it still comes up with Test Gateway .......ERR in red.

Should i restart the dvr, change something in the router settings or just leave it alone?

The dvr just reset itself (not me) the dreaded black screen is back and all the settings have changed back again...aaaah

Should i restart the dvr, change something in the router settings or just leave it alone?

can you find a setting to disable the startup wizard? maybe under system....

David

Question,
In my router settings should i 'reserve address' for the camera or dvr and do i need to port forward anything?
Lots of videos mention port forwarding.

Question,
In my router settings should i 'reserve address' for the camera or dvr and do i need to port forward anything?
Lots of videos mention port forwarding.
yes, reserve the IP addresses for the DVR and camera, make a note of them. send a screenshot.

On the DVR go to the network page and enter the info needed, send a screenshot if you want.

we'll sort out port forwarding later, baby steps...

Need to setup on....
DVR
setup NTP
add your DDNS

Camera
Check DDNS add yours
disable UPNP
NTP

20231012_134215.jpg
20231012_134549.jpg
20231012_134833.jpg

Addresses reserved and NTP enabled. It automatically selected custom.

Attachments

• 20231012_134215.jpg
    20231012_134215.jpg
    797.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 20231012_134549.jpg
    20231012_134549.jpg
    968 KB · Views: 92
20231012_140826.jpg

It now says Nat status DisEnable is this correct?
Should i be using No-ip for the ddns?

Back