01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with connecting a dvr to my router and the internet please

bob1954

Hi,
I have a flouren dvr that has 4 cameras connected to it. I have connected it to my router and can see the green led on and yellow led flashing on the socket on the dvr. I assume it is connected to the router.
The guide in the dvr software says it is using an ip address of 192.168.1.10 but when I use the test on the dvr it says there is a gateway error the gateway test failed.
The gateway says it is on 192.168.1.0. I changed it to 192.168.1.10 after it failed but retesting failed again.
I can see the camera pictures locally on a monitor connected to the dvr but when I go to 192.168.1.10 in chrome it just fails saying it has tried for too long. Does anyone know what else I can try or what I might do to get it to connect to the router?
I have a network extender near my computer and dvr that they are both connected into and the computer sees the internet so I know the connections are good.
All help would be appreciated.

The gateway says it is on 192.168.1.0
Hi Bob,
That IP address is usually reserved for something else.

What name / model number is your router and dvr? Could you include a basic diagram of how your router / dvr / cameras connect together?

David

Hi David thanks for replying.

I am assuming that an NVR is a DVR with network capability MY DVR certainly has that it is a

Floureon V4.02.R11

See this page

V4.02.R11 H.264 / H.265 DVR / NVR Firmware Download - DVRAID - Survelliance DVR NVR IPC Desk Blog!

I have an extender switch here in the study that connects both this computer and the DVR to my router which is a
Virgin media hub 3 in one of the bedrooms.
All the lights on the extender switch and the back of the DVR/NVR are lit as they should be.

At this moment in time the DVR/NVR is just on my bench with the cameras plugged into it and the computer monitor has the computer using the HDMI input and the DVR/NVR using the d-sub input which I can switch between with a button on the monitor.

Hi Bob,
Is this a brand new DVR or second hand?

The virgin hub default IP address is 192.168.100.1 so your DVR needs to join that network. Your software guide says the DVR IP address is 192.168.1.10 so is isolated from your current network.
From the monitor connected to the DVR goto network setup, send a screenshot of what that screen shows.

David

Hi David sorry about the previous delay.
I replied Saturday but the system thought the link was a virus and refused to allow it through, the admin sorted it when they returned on Tuesday.
The dvr is an old one.
To get the Virgin hub details I enter 192.168.0.1, enter my password and get the virgin pages one of which is

connected devices.PNG

Even with the DVR on or off?
It shows the desktop which is my other computer but that is also off (though I have seen motherboards with a light on when switched off but still connected to the network).
I have been altering the ip addresses in the following shot so they may not be defaults.
This is the shot you asked for

20230412_141542[1].jpg

I did try altering the ip address in the second line above to 192.168.100.1 but my opera browser (the one I am using to send this) says it can't connect to that.
Bob

Hi David sorry about the previous delay.
I replied Saturday but the system thought the link was a virus and refused to allow it through, the admin sorted it when they returned on Tuesday.
The dvr is an old one.
To get the Virgin hub details I enter 192.168.0.1, enter my password and get the virgin pages one of which is

View attachment 9118

Even with the DVR on or off?
It shows the desktop which is my other computer but that is also off (though I have seen motherboards with a light on when switched off but still connected to the network).
I have been altering the ip addresses in the following shot so they may not be defaults.
This is the shot you asked for

View attachment 9119

I did try altering the ip address in the second line above to 192.168.100.1 but my opera browser (the one I am using to send this) says it can't connect to that.
Bob
Hi Bob,
see my attached image and enable DHCP, click ok. You may have to restart the DVR. post another screenshot of the network page.

David

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 15.05.10.png

Reactions: Dan
Is this the shot you want? I notice the DNS box numbers changed when I restarted the unit.
Bob

Attachments

• 20230412_151916[1].jpg
    20230412_151916[1].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 337
Is this the shot you want? I notice the DNS box numbers changed when I restarted the unit.
Bob
perfect.

From your computer browser you should be able to access the DVR web page via 19.168.0.26.

The DNS addresses are probably coming from your ISP.

David

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 15.30.52.png

YES!! I have the page on that ip address but when I enter the user name and the password I get the dvr screen but it says 'this plug in is not supported does that mean Opera does not support it?

YES!! I have the page on that ip address but when I enter the user name and the password I get the dvr screen but it says 'this plug in is not supported does that mean Opera does not support it?
Possibly, try edge or chrome.

one final step is to make sure your router always assigns the same IP address to your DVR. if you ever reboot your router the DVR could get a different IP address. Do you need help to do this?

David

I have no idea how to do it?
I am going to turn on my other computer which runs chrome and try to see it there.

Chrome looks the same as Opera and firefox just shows the blank screen in the same way but doesn't say this plug in is not supported like both Opera and chrome? is there any way round this?

Chrome looks the same as Opera and firefox just shows the blank screen in the same way but doesn't say this plug in is not supported like both Opera and chrome? is there any way round this?
Bob,
the plug in may use flash, only older browsers will support it. How old is the DVR?

David

the software version is 2016. I am not sure about the unit but it can't be much older could I update the software? might that do it? I can't see a way of doing it?

the software version is 2016. I am not sure about the unit but it can't be much older could I update the software? might that do it? I can't see a way of doing it?
This DVR is not well documented on the web. Firmware updates have failed and left the DVR unusable.
this link DVR via Browser "This Plugin is not Supported"
mentions win10 internet explorer, this may still be available for download From Microsoft. What computer OS are you using?

I am on windows 10 on this one and a linux/windows 10 mix on the other computer

I think I have managed to get to windows explorer, when I can get past all the insistence on the fact that I aught to be using edge as it is much better and adverts about purchasing 365. I entered 192.168.0.26 only to get the same gray page that is the DVR but 'this plug-in isn't supported' when I tried to see a camera.

I am on windows 10 on this one and a linux/windows 10 mix on the other computer
Did you get a software cd with the DVR? the plug-in may be there.

there could be apple or android apps for this, only use trusted websites.

have you tried any Linux browsers?

2016 software is not that old, my main concern is the lack of a vendors website to down firmware etc.

David

I think I have managed to get to windows explorer, when I can get past all the insistence on the fact that I aught to be using edge as it is much better and adverts about purchasing 365. I entered 192.168.0.26 only to get the same gray page that is the DVR but 'this plug-in isn't supported' when I tried to see a camera.
Other web comments mention NPAPI and QuickTime plugins may work.

did you see my earlier post?

David

No cd. I use opera on linux, it shows the same plug-in not supported.
The software in the unit shows an online upgrade option that say it is up to date?

Back