01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Enabling motion detection on hqcam omnivision 4k cctv F8/IPG-9280PGS-AI camera?

cbbella

hi, i have a hikvision nvr DS-7616NI-E2/16P/A with a few hikvision bullet cameras installed which is all working fine. i have now bought a small ONVIF camera from aliexpress and have installed it in a birdbox which i will stream via OBS and Twitch. There are no birds nesting at minute as i haven't put the box up yet but will all be setup shortly for the coming/next seasons.

in the device info panel the camera is a:

Sensor Brand: Omnivision
Brand Name: HQCAM
Device Model: F8/IPG-9280PGS-AI

Does anyone know what these shapes are for that i have highlighted in red?
It's obviously something to do with marking what they call the defense area but i can't seem to draw a box to enable motion detection from within the camera's own settings. i can enable motion detection from my hikvision nvr but was just wondering why i can't enable from within the native camera settings. When i try to draw a box or drag one of those shapes to the window it just brings a no entry sign up on screen. i have human shape detection disabled in the AI intelligence section.

Attachments

• defense area.jpg
    defense area.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 31
  • human shape disabled.jpg
    human shape disabled.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 28
  • motion.jpg
    motion.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 29
Hi @cbbella

Have you tried all the possible mouse controls for creating a detection area? (e.g. right click, double click the live image, double click the shape icons, etc...)
Do you know if the camera supports a MicroSD card? (we have in the past seen cameras where the smart events can only be used if there is local storage configured)

If you only want to try and set up basic motion detection, we would recommend just setting up motion detection on the NVR instead.

hi, thanks for your reply.

the camera doesn't support MicroSD card recording. I've tried all the things you mention to no avail. yeah i guess i'll have to setup motion detection from my nvr, i was just curious about those shapes lol

Yeah, it is a strange way for the detection area to be configured.

Looking at it again I've wondered if the shapes just refer to how many points/corners your detection area has (e.g. select triangle and you can click 3 points on the live image and a triangle area will be drawn between those 3 points).

Have you tried this? (maybe try clicking 'clear' before you try this)

i tried clicking on clear but it doesn't seem to do anything. its a strange one thats for sure lol

Reactions: Dan
Back