01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Face Detection Not Working?

ashleygavin

Hi All,

I have recently installed a Hikvision DS-2DE5225IW-AE (The older R7 variant) running firmware V5.6.18 build 210428 which is the latest I can find. I'm trying to configure the Face Detection feature on the device. I disabled the third stream option then the Face Detection showed up in the Smart Events. This has been enabled on the NVR for this particular camera and those settings also replicated themselves to the camera. The alert is set to email and notify surveillance centre but no matter what I do, no face detection notifications come through to hik connect and nor do they show direct on the NVR.

I've read online about the VCA resource and setting it to face detection rather than smart event. I have this option on my G5 cameras but ton the older R7 variant it is nowhere to be seen. The only reference to face detection not working is disable the third stream.

Would anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks in advance,
Ash

If you are using the h.265+ CODEC that may prevent you from using face detection.

If you are using the h.265+ CODEC that may prevent you from using face detection.
I am indeed using that codec. It randomly started working last night for a couple of notifications.

However the only play you can see if is directly on the NVR Monitor in events.

Didn't come through the hik connect and no sign on the NVR web interface.

¿Es posible realizar reconocimiento y verificación faciales con una cámara DS-2CD1057G0-LUF en un NVR DS-7608NXI-K1/8P?

Back