01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Failed to search the video. Error Code:380070

I have also had the issue with the alias not updating when I had a K series. Correct - there is only the server and http port numbers to change in the Configure DDNS section of the app, that's fine.
So after doing all this, I have enabled the notifications on the Hik-Connect app but I don't seem to get any alerts as of now.

Last edited:
Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
The missing links to the cameras - you need the Virtual Host option enabled.

NVR. Network > Advanced > More Settings. Change the default HTTP, Server and RTSP ports - example HTTP-49000, Server-49001, RTSP-49002. (the default ports are well known and should be changed if using port forwarding to eliminate/reduce illegal access attempts)

Can you confirm if I can assign any port from 49152 to 65535 for the three of them? Or should this b/w 1024 to 49151 (i.e. the registered ports)?

With regard to notifications and setting up the alarms - do that from the NVR menu. The NVR will set the options on the cameras. Only adjust options on the cameras directly if those options cannot be accessed from the NVR.

With regard to notifications and setting up the alarms - do that from the NVR menu. The NVR will set the options on the cameras. Only adjust options on the cameras directly if those options cannot be accessed from the NVR.
Can you confirm if I can assign any port from 49152 to 65535 for the three of them? Or should this b/w 1024 to 49151 (i.e. the registered ports)?

I use 50000-50002 - never had an issue with those. I read years ago in a Hikvision document that the server port had to be 2000 or above. I used to use 2000 but found when roaming abroad that it was getting blocked.

Edit: probably best to stay beneath 49151. It’s possible that you could get a conflict above that if you have devices that use UPnP on your network (though I’ve never had it occur)

Last edited:
BTW - just checking the NVR via web browser... to confirm if the reset hasn't altered the settings you gave.

Does this below look correct? Especially the status?
1607548154657.png

BTW - just checking the NVR via web browser... to confirm if the reset hasn't altered the settings you gave.

Does this below look correct? Especially the status?
View attachment 4808

Yeah perfect. It’s not valid because it’s disabled as it should be - we disabled that in step 3.

So after all this - still no notifications..... Not sure what to do with this setup!

OK so just to confirm:
  1. Hik connect is now working - you can live view your cameras through the app
  2. You can playback recorded video through the app
  3. In the app settings for your site - notifications are showing Enabled, the first of the two options is ticked ("receive events and push notifications....") and that the notification schedule is Disabled.
  4. If the DDNS configuration was successful, you should also be able to click on and use Remote Configuration (as the DDNS configuration along with port forwarding enables that to function) To prove it works - just click Basic Information and try to edit the device name from its default of "Network Video Recorder" Don't mess with anything else
Make sure the time/date and time zone GMT are correct in the NVR settings. Make sure all permissions for Hik Connect are allowed in your phone settings - notifications, access to photos etc

1. Configure just one alarm from scratch using the NVR local menu (NOT the cameras webpage) Set it where it will be triggered without you having to wander out of the house yourself (IE motion detection on an area of footpath or road)
  2. Set the trigger action for only full screen monitoring at this point.
  3. Observe and prove that the alarm is working as it should locally - you should see the bell icon on screen and your multiscreen image go to full screen on the camera when triggered
  4. If that works - enable the trigger action for Notify Surveillance Centre and see if you get anything through

Last edited:
@JB1970

As you pass 400 contributions, and again exhibit great charity and patience :rolleyes: with helping others in-need, this seems like a good time to say that we at use-IP really appreciate your massive contribution here in the forum!

There will be a small parcel of festive appreciation winging it's way to you before Christmas :)
(with you towards the end of next week if all the packing & shipping goes well)

Also, if you would like to, please do feel free to add a signature here in the forum, to attract people to your real-world / day job details - and hopefully you can gain a paid job or two for all your efforts & knowledge exhibited here :cool:

Thank You

@JB1970

As you pass 400 contributions, and again exhibit great charity and patience :rolleyes: with helping others in-need, this seems like a good time to say that we at use-IP really appreciate your massive contribution here in the forum!

There will be a small parcel of festive appreciation winging it's way to you before Christmas :)
(with you towards the end of next week if all the packing & shipping goes well)

Also, if you would like to, please do feel free to add a signature here in the forum, to attract people to your real-world / day job details - and hopefully you can gain a paid job or two for all your efforts & knowledge exhibited here :cool:

Thank You
As I saw this notification over the phone, for a minute I thought he was talking about me. And then the balloon burst! lol!

OK so just to confirm:
  1. Hik connect is now working - you can live view your cameras through the app
  2. You can playback recorded video through the app
  3. In the app settings for your site - notifications are showing Enabled, the first of the two options is ticked ("receive events and push notifications....") and that the notification schedule is Disabled.
  4. If the DDNS configuration was successful, you should also be able to click on and use Remote Configuration (as the DDNS configuration along with port forwarding enables that to function) To prove it works - just click Basic Information and try to edit the device name from its default of "Network Video Recorder" Don't mess with anything else
The (4) doesn't work for me. When I click on Remote Configuraton it gives "Operation Failed". I believe its the same issue as I couldn't configure DDNS configuration from the app and had to do this via the hik-connect.com website. Courtesy - Hik-Connect - Hik-Connect App Issues - Edit Device Name

If I need this to work then I might have to go back on the firmware version - should I? What do you reckon?!

(Let's get you to 500 by tomorrow ;))

No I wouldn’t downgrade it.

This is a stab in the dark but try switching off the WiFi on your phone. Then try and do the Configure DDNS (set the two ports, enter admin password and save) while on mobile data and see if it still fails. If by some miracle it does work see if the remote configuration also works (while still on mobile data)

No I wouldn’t downgrade it.

This is a stab in the dark but try switching off the WiFi on your phone. Then try and do the Configure DDNS (set the two ports, enter admin password and save) while on mobile data and see if it still fails. If by some miracle it does work see if the remote configuration also works (while still on mobile data)
So on mobile network I was able to configure DDNS - entered the ports, admin and password. Was able to save successfully.

But if I click on Remote configuration it just keeps processing - the wheel of death - see below.
1607636655979.png

As an additional check, tried renaming the NVR alias name on mobile network. Didn't work. Same error as before.

So on mobile network I was able to configure DDNS - entered the ports, admin and password. Was able to save successfully.

But if I click on Remote configuration it just keeps processing - the wheel of death - see below.
View attachment 4810

As an additional check, tried renaming the NVR alias name on mobile network. Didn't work. Same error as before.

I'm about out of ideas on this one now JT. Once DDNS Configuration is completed in the app it should work normally as it allows login to the NVR via the service with your admin user password. As you've made further changes - I'd just try (in this order) logging out of the service on the app, reboot the NVR, once the NVR is back up and showing Hik Connect status as online, log back into the Hik Connect service in the app. There's nothing else I can think of unfortunately.

I'm about out of ideas on this one now JT. Once DDNS Configuration is completed in the app it should work normally as it allows login to the NVR via the service with your admin user password. As you've made further changes - I'd just try (in this order) logging out of the service on the app, reboot the NVR, once the NVR is back up and showing Hik Connect status as online, log back into the Hik Connect service in the app. There's nothing else I can think of unfortunately.
Thanks for all the help mate. You are very kind!

A few updates since the last post:
  • So no luck with the Remote Configuration on the android Hik-connect App even on mobile network-same situation as before. However tried on the iOS Hik-connect app (on my wife's 7S plus) and it allowed me to open Remote Configuration and save a few changes. Checked the Hikvision App portal to see if I have the latest app installed on both android and iOS - and yes I do. Doing Remote Configuration on both Android / iOS apps doesn't work when on wifi though
  • Given that I was able to do the remote configuration on the iOS, I decided to go ahead and set up motion detection alarm on one of the cameras (as suggested by you). Chose the Fully screen surveillance first- and it worked. Then selected Notify Surveillance Centre and I got the notification, that too on both my Andriod App and iOS App - Yippe!
  • Then I tried VCA - Intrusion detection for the same camera, and I have started to get notifications for it on both Android / iOS. So it seems like it is working. Though I am being quite skeptical of this entire thing and just testing and fine tuning only one camera for now to ensure I get this correct.
I think it is something to do with doing the settings directly on the NVR versus doing them via the web browser option. But I can't access all the settings - such as min/max size options for intrusion detection - directly on the NVR, and without these settings, I won't be able to get rid of false positives. Any thoughts around this?

Not sure if 4.x GUI firmware for NVR allows us to access these additional settings directly on the NVR. I don't intend to upgrade to 4.x GUI firmware unless I have confirmed that my current setup is working as expected. But I need the additional settings to make the notifications work for me in a helpful manner.

Hi JT.

So no luck with the Remote Configuration on the android Hik-connect App even on mobile network-same situation as before. However tried on the iOS Hik-connect app (on my wife's 7S plus) and it allowed me to open Remote Configuration and save a few changes. Checked the Hikvision App portal to see if I have the latest app installed on both android and iOS - and yes I do. Doing Remote Configuration on both Android / iOS apps doesn't work when on wifi though
It's interesting that you're seeing differences between Android and iOS - I only use iOS so can't compare results, though various bugs are reported on the apps from time to time. The fact that remote config doesn't work when you're on WiFi possibly points to loopback not being supported on your VM hub. I'm also with VM but use the hub in modem mode with my own (Netgear Nighthawk) router so don't have the issue. In simple terms some routers will not allow you to connect to a device or service within your home network using it's public Internet address from a device on the same network. IE: Let's say your public IP is 86.149.3.67 and your NVRs local address is 192.168.0.250. From a device on your home network you'll be able to access the NVR and configure it at http://192.168.0.250 but if you try typing http://86.149.3.67 in your web browser you may not be able to access or configure it. When using iVMS 4500 we get around this by adding two sites to the app "Home-WiFi" using the internal address and "Home-Mobile" using the public IP - the user then switches between the sites depending on whether they are at home connected to WiFi or elsewhere.

Given that I was able to do the remote configuration on the iOS, I decided to go ahead and set up motion detection alarm on one of the cameras (as suggested by you). Chose the Fully screen surveillance first- and it worked. Then selected Notify Surveillance Centre and I got the notification, that too on both my Andriod App and iOS App - Yippe!
Excellent - that's progress! (deserves a celebratory Whiskey!)

I think it is something to do with doing the settings directly on the NVR versus doing them via the web browser option. But I can't access all the settings - such as min/max size options for intrusion detection - directly on the NVR, and without these settings, I won't be able to get rid of false positives. Any thoughts around this?

Thats right. Options vary between the NVR local menu, the NVR web menu and most importantly the camera web menu. My preference for a couple of reasons is to configure in this order:

1. On the NVR local menu - create the alarm, define the motion/line/intrusion area, set the sensitivity options that are available to you and also the alarm actions.
  2. Navigate to the individual camera web menu and only adjust the options there that are not available in the local menu.
The reason for the above is so that what you view on the NVR monitor screen reflects what is programmed in the camera. You could do everything in the camera web menu but would then possibly need to reboot the NVR each time for it to be aware of and read your changes.

The version of GUI 4 that is on the I series NVRs supports the min/max sizes you mention, human/vehicle filter option for smart search when using AcuSense cameras, camera shutter speed adjustment and thumbnail images above the timeline when playing back from cameras above 3 megapixel resolution (instead of showing "no resource". It also fixes an glitch in version 3 where if you've set the auto logout to "Never" it ignores you and logs out anyway (annoying for a home user to have to enter a password every time they want to playback)

Last edited:
Hi JT.

It's interesting that you're seeing differences between Android and iOS - I only use iOS so can't compare results, though various bugs are reported on the apps from time to time. The fact that remote config doesn't work when you're on WiFi possibly points to loopback not being supported on your VM hub. I'm also with VM but use the hub in modem mode with my own (Netgear Nighthawk) router so don't have the issue. In simple terms some routers will not allow you to connect to a device or service within your home network using it's public Internet address from a device on the same network. IE: Let's say your public IP is 86.149.3.67 and your NVRs local address is 192.168.0.250. From a device on your home network you'll be able to access the NVR and configure it at http://192.168.0.250 but if you try typing http://86.149.3.67 in your web browser you may not be able to access or configure it. When using iVMS 4500 we get around this by adding two sites to the app "Home-WiFi" using the internal address and "Home-Mobile" using the public IP - the user then switches between the sites depending on whether they are at home connected to WiFi or elsewhere.
You are right. I had read on the other forum regarding VPN and was considering setting that up as a second step once I have this working. So I'll change the VM hub to modem mode and add my own router which will eventually allow this loopback to work! But that's the next step. Will pick your brain when I start doing that :)
Excellent - that's progress! (deserves a celebratory Whiskey!)
Hahaha - soon my friend. Not there yet!
Thats right. Options vary between the NVR local menu, the NVR web menu and most importantly the camera web menu. My preference for a couple of reasons is to configure in this order:

1. On the NVR local menu - create the alarm, define the motion/line/intrusion area, set the sensitivity options that are available to you and also the alarm actions.
  2. Navigate to the individual camera web menu and only adjust the options there that are not available in the local menu.
The reason for the above is so that what you view on the NVR monitor screen reflects what is programmed in the camera. You could do everything in the camera web menu but would then possibly need to reboot the NVR each time for it to be aware of and read your changes.
Interesting... I did the same. As in configured the settings in NVR directly and then did the additional settings in the camera web browser mode. But maybe I should restart the NVR once I have done the camera settings for it to consider the updates at the camera level perhaps?! Will try giving it a go today for the one camera I am currently setting up.
The version of GUI 4 that is on the I series NVRs supports the min/max sizes you mention, human/vehicle filter option for smart search when using AcuSense cameras, camera shutter speed adjustment and thumbnail images above the timeline when playing back from cameras above 3 megapixel resolution (instead of showing "no resource". It also fixes an glitch in version 3 where if you've set the auto logout to "Never" it ignores you and logs out anyway (annoying for a home user to have to enter a password every time they want to playback)
I think once I have a successful setup then I'll try upgrading to GUi 4.x firmware and see how that works. Because if it messes it up, at least I can go back to a config which worked previously...

Back