01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Failed to search the video. Error Code:380070

Interesting... I did the same. As in configured the settings in NVR directly and then did the additional settings in the camera web browser mode. But maybe I should restart the NVR once I have done the camera settings for it to consider the updates at the camera level perhaps?! Will try giving it a go today for the one camera I am currently setting up.

There's no need to restart the NVR if you set up in the order of my last post. The only reason to restart is if you bypass the NVR by programming the camera directly, but more importantly it's only needed if you change something in the camera that will be visible in the NVR GUI. It's just so that the menus are in sync and to avoid the NVR showing one value when the camera is set to another.

To avoid confusion with NVR vs Camera settings, keep in mind that when you alter any camera setting using the NVR, be it resolution, frames per second, quality, bitrate, motion detection, line crossing etc, you are changing and saving nothing on the NVR. You're merely using the NVR as an interface to change and save the settings on the IP camera. That is the difference between an IP system with NVR and a HDTVI system with DVR. In an IP system the NVR just saves the recording schedule and requests the main stream from the camera - the settings in the camera dictate the resolution, fps and quality. It's the same for the alarms - all saved in the camera

I think my blinking Christmas lights on the driveway are setting off the intrusion detection even though i have specified the minimum size. Guess its the amount of pixels changing because of the lights blinking which may be more than the minimum size specified and it triggers the intrusion alert! :confused:

Is there a way to know what trigger the intrusion? I know with motion detection one can see what's the trigger as it forms a box around it. Wondering if there's something similar for intrusion detection?!

It's difficult to get events configured perfectly to avoid false alerts. The best you can do is with the AcuSense cameras that will filter for Human and/or Vehicle but even they are susceptible to false alerts from shadows (and in my case foxes and sometimes blackbirds!)

If you log into the camera web page with a browser and in Configuration > Rules check the Enable box. Then go to live view and you should be able to see.

Hello @JB1970 - Happy New Year! Hope you are doing safe.

I finally took the plunge and upgraded my NVR to GUI 4.x. To be safe I upgraded through all the firmware versions to ensure I don't screw anything up, and now I have the latest V4.30.055 build 201111 which was released yesterday.

I can access Hik-Connect via the iOS app but android app seems to be very unstable. Checked I have the latest version (Dec 7, 2020). How can I provide feedback on the app? It isn't on google store so not sure where to provide this feedback!

Hello @JB1970 - Happy New Year! Hope you are doing safe.

I finally took the plunge and upgraded my NVR to GUI 4.x. To be safe I upgraded through all the firmware versions to ensure I don't screw anything up, and now I have the latest V4.30.055 build 201111 which was released yesterday.

I can access Hik-Connect via the iOS app but android app seems to be very unstable. Checked I have the latest version (Dec 7, 2020). How can I provide feedback on the app? It isn't on google store so not sure where to provide this feedback!
I'm not sure where you would provide feedback, as you say it's only available direct from apps.hikvision now. To be honest, providing Hikvision with any feedback is a waste of time even when you do so on the app stores!

Back