01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware G5 Platform - Firmware Update 5.7.1 Now Available

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
Firmware version 5.7.1 is now available on the UK portal for the G5 models (G2 models with C revision) Previous version was 5.5.801.

I can't see any obvious changes. Unfortunately for some - the "trigger white light" on event that was available on G5 5.5.114 on I/IU models and removed in 5.5.801 doesn't appear to have been added back in with this version.

Last edited:
Firmware version 5.7.1 is now available on the UK portal for the G5 models (G2 models with C revision) Previous version was 5.5.801.

I can't see any obvious changes. Unfortunately for some - the "trigger white light" on event that was available on G5 5.5.114 on I/IU models and removed in 5.5.801 doesn't appear to have been added back in with this version.
Is it possible to look if this (see link related to event markers via nvr) has been resolved?
I know from another site, but had the same posted here. ;)

At least i seem not to be alone here.

Is it possible to look if this (see link related to event markers via nvr) has been resolved?
I know from another site, but had the same posted here. ;)

At least i seem not to be alone here.
I've never had markers on the HikConnect app like that with any of my cameras throughout the version history, so I'm not even sure where it would be switched on.

Reactions: mtv
I've never had markers on the HikConnect app like that with any of my cameras throughout the version history, so I'm not even sure where it would be switched on.
I believe it is related to local rules setting and the event setting.

I believe it is related to local rules setting and the event setting.
I already had rules enabled. What I have just found is an old bug that has returned to line crossing alarms. My line crossing alarm on the cameras I was checking is set to trigger A > B only. On the NVR monitor display A is above the line, B is below it while on the NVR webpage menu it B is above the line, A is below it. So who knows when configuring which to trust.

Edit: The A and B sides of the line when using Safari on Mac match that of the local interface, they are switched if using Internet Explorer.

I already had rules enabled. What I have just found is an old bug that has returned to line crossing alarms. My line crossing alarm on the cameras I was checking is set to trigger A > B only. On the NVR monitor display A is above the line, B is below it while on the NVR webpage menu it B is above the line, A is below it. So who knows when configuring which to trust.

Edit: The A and B sides of the line when using Safari on Mac match that of the local interface, they are switched if using Internet Explorer.
Thanks, it is strange while i get the notification with markers from the start after enabling rules. but then i had only the g3 models. And i do agree that within g5 some things are found on different places. Maybe the nvr in this case can’t process them from g5. Maybe i’ll try to get the g5 on a seperate switch so i can see if the events will sent to hikconnect to rule out the nvr. Or i might upgrade to 5.7 to see if it has been solved

Thanks, it is strange while i get the notification with markers from the start after enabling rules. but then i had only the g3 models. And i do agree that within g5 some things are found on different places. Maybe the nvr in this case can’t process them from g5. Maybe i’ll try to get the g5 on a seperate switch so i can see if the events will sent to hikconnect to rule out the nvr. Or i might upgrade to 5.7 to see if it has been solved
I can confirm that 5.7.1 didn’t solve the issue via nvr.

Without nvr ik couldn’t get notification in hik-connect. So i went back to nvr. Then i saw to late the option via email to attach picture. Will try that later on.

I can confirm that 5.7.1 didn’t solve the issue via nvr.

Without nvr ik couldn’t get notification in hik-connect. So i went back to nvr. Then i saw to late the option via email to attach picture. Will try that later on.
with the email/picture option enabled, it still doesn't work (as no event markers)
So back to connect to NVR.
Updated 27-10 @JB1970 . it is for sure related the missing Overlay Rule Frame and Target Frame on Background Picture, which is under system settings, metadata settings, this is with G3 firmware available, but not there anymore unde 5.7.1. Within the notes of firmware 5.5.111 it also shown not to be present. so it is a g5 firmware issue.

Last edited:

Hello JB

Hope you are doing ok.

Can you point me to where the white light settings are when using the browser for this camera. I can't find the basic things such as enabling supplemental light and adjusting the brightness of the LED.

On my to 2347G1 the settings are under System Settings / External Device.

Thanks.

If you use Hikconnect app on an iphone your can select the white light settings via a "bulb" icon on the lower panel.
(Does not work on Hikconnect for iPad)

Hello JB

Hope you are doing ok.

Can you point me to where the white light settings are when using the browser for this camera. I can't find the basic things such as enabling supplemental light and adjusting the brightness of the LED.

On my to 2347G1 the settings are under System Settings / External Device.

Thanks.
Hi gp I'm well thanks.

On the G5 all of the settings are in Configuration > Image Settings > Day/Night Switch as shown below. The LED cabn be disabled completely from that page whereas previously it would have been is system settings as you say

Screenshot 2021-12-07 at 21.41.44.png

Back