01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Getting ds-2cd2387g2-LU audio to work?

mkok

Hi all,

Great forum, has come in handy setting up my system! Thanks!

I've just added a DS-2CD2387G2-LU to my system and i'm struggling to get the audio working. I followed this guide: How-to: - How To Set Up Live View & Playback Audio on Hikvision Cameras however, when i log in to the device the Video type drop down is greyed out.

Is there a manual microphone enable on the camera that i have to do? Or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance

Max

Hi all,

Great forum, has come in handy setting up my system! Thanks!

I've just added a DS-2CD2387G2-LU to my system and i'm struggling to get the audio working. I followed this guide: How-to: - How To Set Up Live View & Playback Audio on Hikvision Cameras however, when i log in to the device the Video type drop down is greyed out.

Is there a manual microphone enable on the camera that i have to do? Or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance

Max
Show that page as a screenshot. Also show the system settings basic page (with the serial number hidden). We need to confirm you definitely have an 'LU' that contains a mic and also that page gives us the firmware version (not that I've seen the issue you're describing on any previous firmware version)

Last edited:
Ah, therein lies the problem, doesn't look like it's actually an LU model. Annoyingly the box shows it as that model..
Screenshot 2024-01-25 115214.png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 115645.png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 120621.png

Hi @mkok

Unfortunately, it does look like you've been sold an older 2385G1 model that was disguised as a 2387G2-LU model.

The older 2385G1 model does not support a built-in microphone for recording audio.

Yup that's an old G1 ColorVu without microphone or AcuSense. Is it something you've bought used on eBay by any chance? I reuse new boxes when I sell used cameras, however my OCD means I first turn them inside out and clearly mark the model number and firmware version with a label printer....

Yes, bought on ebay. Just checked the listing and it's listed correctly. As JB says, just been shipped in a different box.

Sorry to waste your time. Thanks for the swift responses!

Back