01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Going insane looking for IPC-T240H firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All. I'm going on my 3rd day looking for firmware for a HiLook IPC-T240H.

Current firmware is:
FW: V5.5.84 build 190822
ENC: V7.3 build 190731
WEB: V4.0.1 build 180905

From my research, this camera appears to be some OEM type arrangement Hikvision had at some stage.

Nothing listed on: Firmware - How do I find the latest firmware for my Hikvision PTZ IP camera?
or
or

This page: IPC-T240H Lists the latest firmware as v5.7.1 211203 build. However, no matter what firmware I give this camera it produces the error "The type of upgrade file mismatches. "

Any help would be most appreciated.

The excel doc here: https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/attachments/ipc-platform-pdf.5490/ only lists HWC-* and not IPC-* models.

If you assume it's a HWC-* which is meant to be a G0 ... goto Europe Portal > Firmware > Hilook, there is only a Gen1 and not Gen0 folder.

Any attempt to use IE+Firmware Update, HiTools or Batch Upgrade all don't work. I've brute forced through about 40 firmwares so far trying to find the damn hardware series that this camera supports and nothing works. IE+Device Web admin generates a "file mismatch error" and the other two tools give a "Upgrade failed" or hang on 0% forever.

Then there is this thread: Firmware Help which mentions it might be a R6.

Why the hell is it this hard to upgrade firmware. What nonsense.

Any help would be most appreciated

Hi @HikvisionSucks

When you log in to the camera and go to the Configuration > System > System Settings > Basic Information can you confirm the "Firmware Version Property"?

This information is usually displayed on Hikvision cameras so I would assume that HiLook as their consumer brand would also display this information, but we have never sold or worked with HiLook so our knowledge is limited.

1641437930383.png

Last edited:
Thanks @HikvisionSucks

So it would appear to use a G0 firmware and looking at the release notes for the latest HiLook G0 firmware - v5.5.87 - it does appear to support the T240H model.

Thanks @HikvisionSucks

So it would appear to use a G0 firmware and looking at the release notes for the latest HiLook G0 firmware - v5.5.87 - it does appear to support the T240H model.

Oh my goodness! You've done it! Thank you so much Dan. That firmware worked!

Is there any way I could have worked this out myself? What on earth was I missing? Or did you use information you had internally that you cant share?

Reactions: Dan
For anyone reading. Firefox, Chrome and Edge still not supported FFS. Probably the last update they will ever do for the camera and they didn't bother removing the browser useragent check for login.

Again, for anyone reading from the future trying to find a solution for this camera, after much stuffing around i found this works for basic settings:

Firefox: 95.0.2 64-bit
Addon: User-Agent Switcher and Manager – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-US)

Set UserAgent to be "IE 10 For Windows 10"

UserAgent willbe: "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; Sleipnir6/6.4.4; SleipnirSiteUpdates/6.4.4)"

AppVersion will be: 5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; Sleipnir6/6.4.4; SleipnirSiteUpdates/6.4.4)

And you can log into the damned device with a modern browser. What an insane thing to have to ask clients/customers to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Oh my goodness! You've done it! Thank you so much Dan. That firmware worked!

Is there any way I could have worked this out myself? What on earth was I missing? Or did you use information you had internally that you cant share?
Glad it worked.

All Hikvision firmware is quite confusing, but the HiLook range takes it to another level. One of the first things to check is the Firmware Version Property which for your camera is B-R-G0-0 (see above)

The G0 in that code is the firmware family that your camera uses and this should guide you pretty much to the correct version in the download portal, the portals are the other thing to be aware of when looking for firmware. There are 2 main portals - UK & EU - and you can switch between these by clicking the link at the top of the download portal, if you can't find your firmware in one portal you should check the other and if you can find it in one it is also worth checking the other because sometimes one portal will list a slightly new firmware than the other. There is little to no difference between the UK & EU firmware so if you have a model you purchased in the UK and the latest version is listed on the EU portal there shouldn't be any issues using that firmware.

A new firmware is available now, but I'm not able to install it. Get an error when trying to upgrade "The type of upgrade file mismatches.".

Firmware_V5.7.21_231213

Anyone else had better luck?

Hi @guzzard

On that page you've linked to there are 2 firmware versions, one is for the older non-(C) models and the newer v5.7.21 firmware is for the (C) models.

If your model won't accept the v5.7.21 firmware, then it is most likely an older non-(C) model and V5.5.84_190822 will be the latest firmware for your model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back