01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Government-approved CCTV?

Darkstar

Hi

I have been trying to rack my brains on what the Abbreviation for the government-approved CCTV equipment that can be installed on government sites across the UK, such as courts, police stations, and other high-security buildings

Thanks, DS

Hi

I have been trying to rack my brains on what the Abbreviation for the government-approved CCTV equipment that can be installed on government sites across the UK, such as courts, police stations, and other high-security buildings

Thanks, DS
I don't think there is an Abbreviation.
Every department I go to, has different manufacturers.
Apparently Hikvision is even being allowed back on M.O.D sites now.
The manufacturers I come across mainly are PELCO, HIKVISION, BOSCH, AVIGILON.

You may be thinking of the abbreviation NDAA, which applies in the USA and is the National Defence Authorisation Act.
Essentially the USA Government implemented Laws to prevent devices (mainly) of Chinese origin [Made in China, or made with components from China] being installed pretty much anywhere in the USA.

The term NDAA has been widely adopted (even though it is not applicable to the UK), we at use-IP created categories of NDAA compliant products to help people browse and select:
NDAA Compliant Cameras
NDAA Compliant NVRs
NDAA Compliant Network Accessories

In the UK it is much less clear.
Hikvision recently provided the attached clarification letter, to which they attach a letter from the UK Government declaring that restrictions to the use of Hikvision products in the UK as covered by the UK Government's procurement policy applies ONLY to "sensitive sites of the central government estate" e.g. defence & intelligence facilities.

Put another way, the letters clarified that there is currently no general ban of Hikvision products in the UK.

Attachments

• Partner Letter - Hikvision UK operations update 23 October 2023.pdf
    664.2 KB · Views: 87
You may be thinking of the abbreviation NDAA, which applies in the USA and is the National Defence Authorisation Act.
Essentially the USA Government implemented Laws to prevent devices (mainly) of Chinese origin [Made in China, or made with components from China] being installed pretty much anywhere in the USA.

The term NDAA has been widely adopted (even though it is not applicable to the UK), we at use-IP created categories of NDAA compliant products to help people browse and select:
NDAA Compliant Cameras
NDAA Compliant NVRs
NDAA Compliant Network Accessories

In the UK it is much less clear.
Hikvision recently provided the attached clarification letter, to which they attach a letter from the UK Government declaring that restrictions to the use of Hikvision products in the UK as covered by the UK Government's procurement policy applies ONLY to "sensitive sites of the central government estate" e.g. defence & intelligence facilities.

Put another way, the letters clarified that there is currently no general ban of Hikvision products in the UK.
Hi Phil Yes that was what I was trying to dig out, I know the UK seem to have adopted this approach from previous projects I have worked on, Thanks

Back