01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help on choosing a new system

Kilojade

Hi guys. I am looking for a new system. Ip cameras

I current have the 4K turrets. Bought them around 4 years ago. Not very good in the dark. And the 8k nvr 7608 k2,

I want better quality at night. Seen the colovu seems good! But can only find them in the 2.8mm lens?

I have around £1500 to spend. 6 camera system. Can anyone advise me on what’s best :)

Thanks

I am thinking this camera

Hikvision 8MP ColorVu AcuSense 2.8mm Lens Turret Camera with Built in Mic DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL​

With this nvr

Hikvision 8 Channel Acusense PoE NVR DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S​

Would u say this combo is the best of the colorvu range guys?

Also I see people mentioned g5 series colorvu but I can only find the g2 cameras ?

You don't need to use the AcuSense NVR, as the cameras already have the technology built-in unless you have older cameras that you want to add AcuSense to:

If you're adding 6 AcuSense / 8MP cameras, then you will probably need a 16 channel I-Series NVR like the DS-7616NI-I2-16P, as these cameras are using 20-25Mbps each in bandwidth, and that NVR has a 160Mbps budget.

The 'G2' at the end of those model numbers are misleading, but this doesn't actually mean they are G2 platform cameras - they are G5 cameras :)

Any model with G2 in the part number and a "(C)" at the end is a G5 camera, and without the "(C)" is a G3 camera.

You don't need to use the AcuSense NVR, as the cameras already have the technology built-in unless you have older cameras that you want to add AcuSense to:

If you're adding 6 AcuSense / 8MP cameras, then you will probably need a 16 channel I-Series NVR like the DS-7616NI-I2-16P, as these cameras are using 20-25Mbps each in bandwidth, and that NVR has a 160Mbps budget.

The 'G2' at the end of those model numbers are misleading, but this doesn't actually mean they are G2 platform cameras - they are G5 cameras :)

Any model with G2 in the part number and a "(C)" at the end is a G5 camera, and without the "(C)" is a G3 camera.
Thanks mate Do you no if the cameras only come in 2.8 Lens?

No worries! the black and grey cameras mainly only come in 2.8mm, but the white versions of the new AcuSense and ColorVu cameras are usually stocked in 2.8mm and 4mm :)

Back