01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help setting up face capture

Arek

Hi,

I have enabled face detection on a IP Camera (Model: DS-2CD2385G1-I Firmware Version: V5.6.5 build 200316)

Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 18.09.03.png

But I thought the NVR (Model: DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P Firmware Version: V4.40.016 build 200803) can capture and maybe show and store still images of the faces. Can anyone on here confirm if I am correct?.

Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 18.17.53.png

I can't seem to find what am I doing wrong, whether I have to change anything else. Can I use face detection (capture) with my setup, I don’t won’t DeepinMind NVR future just face capture.

Screenshot 2020-10-01 at 19.40.14.png

Can you please help me?

Last edited:
Hi @Arek

We have tested face detection for ourselves on a 2385G1 and also found similar issues, we investigated further with Hikvision support to find out how exactly it is meant to be set up and whether it is limited to just the DeepinMind NVRs.

In their response they stated that VCA events like face detection are managed by the camera so it doesn't matter which NVR you are using, but they also stated that on the 2-series cameras the requirements for face detection to work are quite strict.

They didn't go into detail but said that faces need to be close to the camera and the angle of the camera is important. If face detection/capture is crucial to your setup Hikvision support recommend that customers use 7-series cameras instead like the 7526G0-IZS Varifocal Dome camera or the 7A26G0-IZS Varifocal Bullet camera

UPDATE - Hikvision support has contacted Hikvision HQ about this and have been told that the latest G2 AcuSense cameras have better hardware for supporting face detection and are the best option for 2-series face detection/capture. The closest model to the 2385G1 would be the DS-2CD2386G2-I 8MP AcuSense Turret

Hi @Dan
Thank you for you help and support. However what really baffles me is that initially when setting up my NVR it actually captured face images just like in the YouTube clip which I have listed below, and after software update this feature does not occur. So now after few months research and hundred pounds lighter I am stuck with NVR and 5 cameras and not in a finacial situation to upgrades again.

Data sheet for DS-2CD2385G1-I

DS-2CD2385G1-I.png

YouTube Clip (face capture feature described, at 13 minute point of video)

Hi, did you ever get to sort this as I have the same cameras and nvr.
Unfortunately after lots of attempts and research I gave up as it does not work. Obviously just a selling gimmick which is not supported.

Unfortunately after lots of attempts and research I gave up as it does not work. Obviously just a selling gimmick which is not supported.
same story over here. nvr and camera supports face detection but not working, i think it is a firmware issue of the camera/nvr because it worked in the past on my nvr/camera setup. after a update of the nvr/camera face detection stopped.
and support of hikvision is not that fantastic for the end user!!

Hi @Arek

We have tested face detection for ourselves on a 2385G1 and also found similar issues, we investigated further with Hikvision support to find out how exactly it is meant to be set up and whether it is limited to just the DeepinMind NVRs.

In their response they stated that VCA events like face detection are managed by the camera so it doesn't matter which NVR you are using, but they also stated that on the 2-series cameras the requirements for face detection to work are quite strict.

They didn't go into detail but said that faces need to be close to the camera and the angle of the camera is important. If face detection/capture is crucial to your setup Hikvision support recommend that customers use 7-series cameras instead like the 7526G0-IZS Varifocal Dome camera or the 7A26G0-IZS Varifocal Bullet camera

the answer of hikvision is to simple, buy a other camera of the 7 series!!! if they exchange the camera for my 2 or 4 line model for free its ok to me.
hikvision is selling a product with a function that you need (face detection) and you buy the camera for that function (but is does not work ( anymore)) my customer has a certain amount money to spend on a system and a 7 line is to expensive.

so the issue is that it worked in the past, and now suddenly its not working anymore, if hikvision can tel what firmware version i have to use for the nvr and the camera to get it to work it would be perfect.

can you contact hikvision about this issue becaus i spend to many hours on the problem, on the nvr i can select face detection/ on the camera. but no luck. nvr DS-7716NI-I4 firmware Firmware_V4.51.005_210628 camera's DS-2CD2327G1-LU firmware.
or do you have a mail contact so that i contact them direct?

hikvision products are good, but suport is bad.

greetings

wil

Back