01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Help with connecting a Hikvision 8MP panoramic IP camera to my DVR?

elroeisystems

My friends, I have a problem.
I have an 8CH 8MP HIKVISON DVR

I open one IP channel and want to connect an 8MP quality IP camera, but I encounter the problem of: resolution or bitrate has reached the limit

that I want to lower the quality of the camera, the option is blocked for me and I cannot change anything. Does anyone have a solution?
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-14 at 17.15.37.jpeg

Hi @elroeisystems - what are the model numbers of your NVR and camera, and what is the firmware version installed on each?

Thanks - we don't have much experience with DVRs or adding IP cameras to them, but it looks like you need to reduce the frame rate to 8fps to connect an 8MP camera:
I would try changing the bitrate type to 'variable' too.

Thanks - we don't have much experience with DVRs or adding IP cameras to them, but it looks like you need to reduce the frame rate to 8fps to connect an 8MP camera:
I would try changing the bitrate type to 'variable' too.
I will try dear friend. And why do I want to lower the resolution in the camera, the option is blocked?

If you look here in the specs, it seems that there is only that one resolution setting available for these cameras, which will be why it's greyed out.
This will be because it is a dual lens panoramic camera, so it stiches 2x 4MP cameras together.

Back