01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect Arm/Disarm?

JamesBall

I have a DS-7604NXI-K1/4P with firmware V4.75.005 which is connected to Hik-Connect.

With the Arm/Silent Arm/Disarm settings on the app, I only seem to be getting event and push notifications when set to Arm.
I would like to use the Arm Silently which suggests I would still get event and push notifications but they appear to stop working using this setting?

Any help appreciated.

Hi @JamesBall

There was a similar issue when they first introduced this feature on the M-Series firmware, so I suspect there's a bug with the AcuSense K-Series firmware too:

I'll report this to Hikvision now and come back to share their response...

Hi @JamesBall

There was a similar issue when they first introduced this feature on the M-Series firmware, so I suspect there's a bug with the AcuSense K-Series firmware too:

Hello Kyle

That's great, thanks for the quick response on this.

No worries :)
Could you please clarify if you are receiving event alerts in the app?
Arm Silently is meant to send you events but not push notifications (and it also turns off the audio and strobe light alarms on LiveGuard cameras) - is this different to what you are seeing?

No worries :)
Could you please clarify if you are receiving event alerts in the app?
Arm Silently is meant to send you events but not push notifications (and it also turns off the audio and strobe light alarms on LiveGuard cameras) - is this different to what you are seeing?
When in Arm Silently mode, I don't get any event alerts in the app but I can see events have happened when I go to playback or when viewing from the NVR.

When in Arm Silently mode, I don't get any event alerts in the app but I can see events have happened when I go to playback or when viewing from the NVR.
@JamesBall That's correct (unfortunately) 'Arm silently' has never worked the way we think it should. Previously we had just two options:

- Allow events and push notifications, allow audible alarm and strobe light
- Allow events but not push notifications, disable audible alarm and strobe light
(not the exact wording in the app but you get the gist)

I'm of the opinion that "Arm Silently" should work like the latter option above; so as well as disabling the audible alarm and strobe light (on compatible live guard cameras), it would also disable the audible push notification alert. What I'd expect for "Arm Silently" is no push notification/audible alert on the phone, no siren/strobe on live guard cameras but it should still send the event to populate the Hik-Connect notification tab (and camera event pane) for later reviewing.

Unfortunately for those not using siren and strobe on compatible live guard cameras, there is no difference at all between "Arm Silently" and "Disarm". I mentioned this recently to one of Hikvisions instructors during a course and the (crap) workaround was to leave the area armed and disable the alerts using your iOS/Android notification settings - not ideal. I can't grasp why we cannot get events populating the app without an audible push notification?

@Kyle It's a little while ago now, but you already did....IIRC they confirmed the above operation and you posted a matrix of Setting vs Response.

@JamesBall That's correct (unfortunately) 'Arm silently' has never worked the way we think it should. Previously we had just two options:

- Allow events and push notifications, allow audible alarm and strobe light
- Allow events but not push notifications, disable audible alarm and strobe light
(not the exact wording in the app but you get the gist)

I'm of the opinion that "Arm Silently" should work like the latter option above; so as well as disabling the audible alarm and strobe light (on compatible live guard cameras), it would also disable the audible push notification alert. What I'd expect for "Arm Silently" is no push notification/audible alert on the phone, no siren/strobe on live guard cameras but it should still send the event to populate the Hik-Connect notification tab (and camera event pane) for later reviewing.

Unfortunately for those not using siren and strobe on compatible live guard cameras, there is no difference at all between "Arm Silently" and "Disarm". I mentioned this recently to one of Hikvisions instructors during a course and the (crap) workaround was to leave the area armed and disable the alerts using your iOS/Android notification settings - not ideal. I can't grasp why we cannot get events populating the app without an audible push notification?

@Kyle It's a little while ago now, but you already did....IIRC they confirmed the above operation and you posted a matrix of Setting vs Response.
I think I follow what you're saying but if I set to Arm Silently, I get nothing in the Notifications tab. These only work when set to Arm mode?

I think I follow what you're saying but if I set to Arm Silently, I get nothing in the Notifications tab. These only work when set to Arm mode?
Correct - "arm silently" stops the events going to the notifications tab.

Correct - "arm silently" stops the events going to the notifications tab.
Okay - from the description in the app it suggests an alarm notification should be pushed to the app (as below).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915-222815.png
    Screenshot_20230915-222815.png
    479.5 KB · Views: 178
Okay - from the description in the app it suggests an alarm notification should be pushed to the app (as below).
Yes that is what never worked. However I’ve not seen that description previously and it is some time since I tested each mode (I gave up in the end and Hikvision confirmed to me that it wasn’t working). I’ll check on mine today to see if it is/isn’t working as it should. Mine is an M series NVR but it was never that clear whether it was NVR firmware or Hik-Connect itself at fault.

I've just checked it again and it definitely isn't resolved on the latest M series NVR firmware combined with the latest version of Hik-Connect for iOS. It's important as to how you define 'push notifications'. The push notification is the banner and audible alert that appears on the device Home Screen regardless of whether the app is open or not (rather than the notification within the app)

Arm - Gives audible push notifications, event clips available in the app, alarm/strobe on compatible cameras is enabled (displays 'Armed')
Arm Silently - Gives audible push notifications, event clips available in the app, alarm/strobe on compatible cameras is disabled (displays 'Silenced')
Disarmed - No audible push, no event clips available in the app, alarm/strobe on compatible cameras disabled (displays 'Silenced' when it should show 'Disarmed')

So as previously mentioned for those without cameras with speaker/strobe light, there's no difference between Arm and Arm Silently.

To get audible push notifications disabled but event clips stored in the app, you have to 'Arm' or 'Arm Silently'. Additionally you would then need to click the three dot menu to the right of your site > settings > notification and change to 'Receive events but NOT push notifications, and NOT allow Audio and Strobe Light alarms'

At that point all areas on the Home Screen view will show 'Silenced' regardless of their actual status, you won't get push notifications but the events will come through to the app (after a screen drag refresh). The problem with this workaround is you're silencing ALL areas rather than the individual one you wanted to and when you toggle the option back it will globally 'arm' all areas regardless of how they were individually set previously.

All in all the feature is a complete mess and has been since introduction:
  • If 'Arm Silently' disabled the audible push notifications, the two options in Settings > Notification could be removed as they'd have no function
  • Arm, Arm Silently, Disarm display correctly in the specific screen where you alter their setting. However on the Home Screen, whether an area is set to 'Disarm' or 'Arm Silently' it shows as 'Silenced'

Last edited:
Arm - Gives audible push notifications, event clips available in the app, alarm/strobe on compatible cameras is enabled (displays 'Armed')
Arm Silently - Gives audible push notifications, event clips available in the app, alarm/strobe on compatible cameras is disabled (displays 'Silenced')
Disarmed - No audible push, no event clips available in the app, alarm/strobe on compatible cameras disabled (displays 'Silenced' when it should show 'Disarmed')
Referring back to my original post - when my app is set to 'Arm Silently' I do not get audible push notifications and event clips are not available.
The only way I could find events is by going to 'playback' and looking for colours in the timeline.

I'm currently away but will check double check this later in the week.

Referring back to my original post - when my app is set to 'Arm Silently' I do not get audible push notifications and event clips are not available.
The only way I could find events is by going to 'playback' and looking for colours in the timeline.

I'm currently away but will check double check this later in the week.
Had the app set to Arm Silently over a couple of days and can confirm no push notifications or event clips in the app.

Back