01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect - Blue timeline only

IMF73

Really after some help please.....On My Hik Connect app, Live view is great but in play back all I see is a continuous blue line with no lines or notifications of any events at all. i..e if someone has come to th edoor or a person oin the driveway etc. On my old system I used to see the blue timeline broken up with red lines/yellos bars when there was any activity
Please help sort this, there must be a way but I cant figure it out

Thanks

Really after some help please.....On My Hik Connect app, Live view is great but in play back all I see is a continuous blue line with no lines or notifications of any events at all. i..e if someone has come to th edoor or a person oin the driveway etc. On my old system I used to see the blue timeline broken up with red lines/yellos bars when there was any activity
Please help sort this, there must be a way but I cant figure it out

Thanks
I just read your other post. It's an old DVR that won't support the function. You would need to swap out that DVR for one of the newer models.

Ok many thanks - appreciate that. With the help of this forum today I have now managed to get events messages working so at least I can now see when motion has occured.
Is it hard to install a new DVR myself ?

Ok many thanks - appreciate that. With the help of this forum today I have now managed to get events messages working so at least I can now see when motion has occured.
Is it hard to install a new DVR myself ?
No not at all. For DIYers NVRs with IP cameras it can be a pain when switching but it's straightforward for a DVR. When choosing there are a few things to keep in mind:
  • For detection to be filtered to Human/Vehicle, you'll need to use a model starting 'iDS' as those models support AcuSense processing on the DVR. From your other post, you've detailed that your current system is a HDTVi system (HD analogue). It may be that your previous system was an NVR with IP cameras where, dependent upon model, the cameras themselves carried out the AcuSense (Human/Vehicle) filtering. NVRs with IP cameras make for a better system as they allow you to set up line crossing, intrusion and motion detection simultaneously if desired. HD analogue systems rely on the DVR to carry out the processing and so can only be setup globally for motion detection or line crossing.
  • Filtered playback showing Events Human Vehicle is only available if the DVR is registered to your Hik-Connect account and your app is logged in to that account. The feature is reliant upon the Hik-Connect service, so won't show if the DVR is added to the app using its IP address/Domain name.
  • I only install IP systems now so can't recall which DVR models support that feature currently (event filtering in Hik-Connect playback). It's actually a feature of Hik-Connect but it's dependant on support for the specific model and firmware version. Ensure the supplier can confirm that feature will work. You might look at the iDS-7204HUHI-K1/4S(C). That gives you scope to install higher resolution cameras later if wanted, otherwise the HQHI version is fine for what you have. You don't need any model ending /P (Power over Coax) as your existing cameras are powered by 12V DC.

Back