01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik Connect has stopped working on my Android phone this morning (August 10th) - presumably after a software update?

Hikvision PTZ cameras
One thing I noticed with the new HikConnect app is that it *finally* fixes the reverse order camera view. Forever, it seems, the camera view was backwards - cameras 1-8 were displayed as 8-1. Now it seems to be fixed!

Has anyone else had trouble with motion detection notifications not working since downloading the new app?

I have two questions. I too had a Hik-Connect problem with the Android ver. 4.24 and subsequently resolved it by deleting it and installing the older 4.21.2.0307 version which seems to work just fine on my cell phone. I now see on the Hikvision App Store under Hik-Connect - for End user, that there is a newer version out, 4.26.0.0831. I also see on the same page under HikCentral Mobile, which appears to be specifically for cell phones only, another software Version: 2.3.1, which I am not using at all. So, can someone please explain what the difference is between them?

My 2nd question is, if the new 4.26 version is the one to use, what is the difference between the older 4.21 Hik-Connect software that still works and this new one. My DS-7216HUHI-K2 DVR firmware is 4.25.001 Build 201107. Needless to say I am a new Hikvision DVR user and I'm trying to learn all that I can about using it and not screwing up what is now working very satisfactorily. Thanks for any help or insight on these different software.

Attachments

• Hik-Connect Softwares.png
    Hik-Connect Softwares.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a moderator:
Version 4.26.0 should resolve the bug with 4.25.0 described at the start of the thread, but also has a couple of new features described below:
Hik-Connect version history.jpg

You can see the full version history section for iOS (to 4.21 and earlier) on this page, which should correspond with Android:

Hik-ProConnect and HikCentral Mobile are paid-for versions of the app which are intended for installers and those who manage lots of large systems, as they let you do more (e.g. add lots of new devices to a system, password resets from the app, configure more settings on devices, manage multiple alarm systems from one account), but Hik-Connect is what we recommend for most cases, where people just want to view their cameras, receive notifications and save recorded footage - more detail on each can be found here:

Kyle, thank you so much for that information. I assume that any of the upgrades/improvements that these revisions incorporated are carried forth in later version updates. I know it sounds silly, but I had to ask. I do have another question. What software is recommended to permit viewing, playback, etc of my cameras on a PC running 64-bit Windows 10/11? I saw some fixes so to speak to allow a browser emulate the Hikvision menus and settings on my local HDMI monitor. It uses the camera IPv4 address, but also requires ActiveX which is not supported by Windows any more. Everything shows except (menus and settings) but no camera images. Pix attached.

The other software I found is the Hikvision iVMS-4200, but it looks very complicated to get operating. What do other users of Hikvision DVR's use for monitoring cameras on their Windows PC's that work and is easy to use? Thanks again for any and all help.

Attachments

• Laptop View Not Working.png
    Laptop View Not Working.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Laptop View Config Blurred SN.png
    Laptop View Config Blurred SN.png
    158 KB · Views: 139
No problem - yes, fixes and improvements will be carried over to future updates :)

The browser interface shown in your screenshots is probably the simplest.
Have you tried the "start all live view" button in your first screenshot - in the toolbar at the bottom, just to the left of the camera icon?

Running Edge in IE mode should work if not:

Also, install the LocalServiceComponents and WebComponents plugins from here:

With regards to software, iVMS-4200 is what most people use instead, as it is free to use with Hikvision devices.
It isn't all that different from the browser interface once your DVR is added.

This is a nice tutorial video for it:

You can download the latest version here (the how-to videos at the bottom of the page are helpful too):

Hik Connect has stopped working this morning (August 10th) - presumably after a software update. The app crashes every time immediately after you try to open it. I have tried re-installing it and rebooting phone but nothing works. I have a Pixel 6. There appear to be a lot of other Pixel phone users having the same problem

Has anyone got a solution to this? Any other phones having the same problem?
Has this been fixed having same issue Google pixel 6

Back