01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hik-Connect - New Alarm Areas Feature

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
Interesting new feature in Hik-Connect for both iOS and Android. Gone is the Bell icon for globally enabling/disabling push notifications. The new version allows you to create area cards, to handle alarms in groups. You can create multiple groups of cameras (a camera can only be in one group - no overlapping). Once created you can individually:

Arm, Arm Silently and Disarm areas.

Quite handy if you want alerts from specific cameras only at times but don't want to individually change the trigger actions (Notify Surveillance Center)

Unfortunately I can't try those settings out until Hikvision fix the M Series bug on version 4.63.000. With 4.63.000 regardless of what you do with the areas and what their status shows, they are effectively 'Armed'.....

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Thanks for the info. Much better to be able to control alerts from individual cameras than global on/off.

However, my current version was iOS v5.1.3 and I have just updated to v5.2.1 I still have the global bell icon?

Thanks for the info. Much better to be able to control alerts from individual cameras than global on/off.

However, my current version was iOS v5.1.3 and I have just updated to v5.2.1 I still have the global bell icon?
Hmm - I wonder if it's NVR model/firmware specific? I'm seeing it on 5.2.1 on iOS and 5.2.0 of Android (with M Series 4.63.000)

Last edited:
I have the M series but still running firmware v4.6.1.400

I have the M series but still running firmware v4.6.1.400
There's a 4.61.410 and 4.61.420 available that I didn't notice any issues with. It's just the 4.63.000 that's problematic. I guess the newly released Hik-Connect version might rely on 4.63.000 for that feature to be visible (even though it can't work due to the bug). Though the only Hik-Connect related improvement in the NVR release notes is the ability to filter the playback timeline for Human or Vehicle.

@Ianc An update...

With Hik-Connect 5.2.1 iOS and M Series 4.63.000:
  • If I add all cameras to a single area card and 'Arm' it push notifications come through as expected
  • If I 'Disarm' it no push notifications come through, as expected
  • If I 'Arm Silently' the push notifications come through with sound exactly the same as 'Arm'
I guess the latter is down to the known 4.63.000 bug and will get resolved in the fullness of time/when Hikvision get their finger out. I'm surprised that version wasn't pulled.

So depending on how you add your 'areas' (single with all cameras/one area per camera/several groups of cameras); you should be able to have some with audible push, some delivered to the app silently and some disabled completely at any given time (though not with 4.63.000 yet)

The notification schedule in the app remains unchanged so I'd guess that the schedule would only affect areas that were armed at the time.

@JB1970 Thanks for the update.
I've upgraded to 4.61.420 and decided to hold off with 4.63.000 for a while.

@JB1970 Thanks for the update.
I've upgraded to 4.61.420 and decided to hold off with 4.63.000 for a while.
Hikvision support have just sent me a link to a file that patches the Hik-Connect bug that I reported, so fingers crossed....

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I will have to see about upgrading the firmware soon.

Is there a way that someone here could contact them and ask if they can put a 'silence for 1 hour/2hour/4 hour' just incase we forget to re-enable it? That would be super useful e.g. we're out in the garden for a few hours so don't want the camera notifying constantly but then once we're back in it re enables.

I've upgraded now to 4.63.005 and the 'arm/disarm' works great. Apart from arm silently which still does not work!
I thought the same about disabling... must remember to rearm again. Your suggestion of a timer makes sense.

Back