01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect not showing events? (mostly at night)

Ray Arts

NVR
DS-7808NI-I2
FIRMWARE V4.61.030 build 240123

CAMERA
DS-2CD2387G2-LU
FIRMWARE V5.7.17 build 240606

In Hik-Connect I record Events. I noticed that the events are correctly triggered (showing a red bar indicating the event).
So, all events are captured fine but not all events are displayed in the "Event Messages" overview in Hik-Connect (iPhone). I have the latest Hik-Connect version.

Any clue?

NVR
DS-7808NI-I2

CAMERA
DS-2CD2387G2-LU

In Hik-Connect I record Events. I noticed that the events are correctly triggered (showing a red bar indicating the event).
So, all events are captured fine but not all events are displayed in the "Event Messages" overview in Hik-Connect (iPhone). I have the latest Hik-Connect version.

Any clue?
It depends on the specific setup you have for events. For them to display in 'Event Messages' the linkage action for the specific event type needs to have the 'Notify Surveillance Center' option ticked. For instance I use both motion detection and line crossing. For motion detection I just have the 'trigger channel' option selected so that the video is bookmarked for easy searching, whereas for line crossing I also have the 'notify surveillance center' option selected to send a push notification to my phone and log the event in 'Event Messages' in the app.

NVR
DS-7808NI-I2

CAMERA
DS-2CD2387G2-LU

Any clue?

It depends on the specific setup you have for events. For them to display in 'Event Messages' the linkage action for the specific event type needs to have the 'Notify Surveillance Center' option ticked. For instance I use both motion detection and line crossing. For motion detection I just have the 'trigger channel' option selected so that the video is bookmarked for easy searching, whereas for line crossing I also have the 'notify surveillance center' option selected to send a push notification to my phone and log the event in 'Event Messages' in the app.

Yep that is my setup as well. I have "Notify Surveillance Center" box ticket and I do receive notifications in Hik-Connect, but not all. Specifically at night time. This has been bugging my system for over a year now.

Last edited:
I did not ask to rollback your firmware. I asked if you had the same issues with previous firmware.

I will never go to v5.7.17 since this is not compatible with my NXI-K series NVR.
By installing v5.7.17 I lose all VCA events on timeline, other than Human, by going back to v5.7.15 everything is normal and all VCA are visible on timeline after a by Rules search. Specificaly on by Rules Motion search I cannot accept this problem.
Possibly other NVRs like -I or -M do not have this problem.
If this is intentional, as JB1970 mentioned before, I will not upgrade till the end of life of my G5s.
At least for the moment I could roll back. Maybe another firmware won't let me roll back and they never inform on Release notes

Back