01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK VISION DISAPOINTED ( HIK Connect)

johnnysh

Hi All

Have a pro set up running 6 x 8mp IP cameras from Hik vision

I use a very high end NVR (32 cameras) from HikVision all set up and networked via my Cisco Router on its own vlan

I have Port Forwarded the correct ports and can connect to the NVR/cameras with the Hik Connect app for remote viewing

Origianlly I set the hikvision connect app and NVR connecting through HIK vision cloud, but prefer to connect directly to my NVR, its also much faster when viewing the cameras

WHY WHY WHY have the silly people at Hik Vision stopped Hik Connect app getting notifications ??? how stupid is that such a simple process that works fine if you connect to the cloud via Hik Connect, but not if you connect to a direct IP address in the Hik Connect app

So there is no way to get motion alerts via the Hik Connect App ???

Can not for the life of me understand why the have disabled this option for the end user ??? why why why ???

It's the most simple thing for the NVR to send a push notification to the Hikconnect app

There website states motion detection notification will not work with HikConnect app if directly connected to the NVR

I can only assume they are trying to up set customers who do not want to use there slow cloud system ??

would appreciate any advice if there is any other way round this, or is there plans in the future for HIK vision to do right thing and give customer the service they deserve after investing fortunes in there hardware!

I tried to use an app on my iphone called pushover which gives my almsost instant push notifications but still not ideal, I need it to notify my with in hik connect app not a 3rd party app

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Simply put...

Not every one wants to connect to the HIK Vision cloud! and may prefers to connect to the NVR directly via port forwarding! can not uderstand why Hikvision would limit movement notification / detection from the cameras and nvr if one chosses this way to connect to the nvr ?

There a simply zero settings in the apple ios app (Hik Connect) for notifications setup when connecting to the NVR with a IP address ????????

would appreciate any advice if there is any other way round this, or is there plans in the future for HIK vision to do right thing and give customer the service they deserve after investing fortunes in there hardware!

can not see any logic why they would have removed notification of camera motion settings in the hik connect app when connecting to NVR with a static IP ??

Is there any better apps that can be used with HIK vision instead of hik connect ??

Hik connect is an ok app, but totally lets itself down with lack of options for notificatiion after Hikvision decisions to limit notifications for direct IP connect??

I tried to use a 3rd party app on my iphone called pushover which gives me almsost instant push notifications but still not ideal, as I need it to notify my with in hik connect app not a 3rd party app!

Last edited:
As a pro installer and having customers request notifiaction services and them not wishing to connect their hardware to hik vision cloud

I am now starting to toward moving away from Hikvision due to the Hik Connect app limitations, customers a asking me how they can have notification on movement and I have to reply with sorry you can't unless you connect to hik vision cloud

so wrong wrong wrong !!

so now considering to look in to the Ubiquity range of cameras and apps

The Hik-Connect service is used for push notifications as it can offer more features. The event thumbnail and video clip is not kept on the NVR/DVR, it is stored in the Hik-Connect users account. When years ago, notifications for direct connections were possible using the now retired iVMS-4500, the functionality was very basic by comparison to what's available now using the cloud service.

I'd much rather use the Hik-Connect service:
  • P2P is more secure than opening ports
  • Event clips stored in the cloud
  • Arming and disarming of cameras areas
  • Easier for a customer to share access without needing to create user accounts on the NVR/DVR
  • I won't get a call from my customers every time they switch ISP to reprogram port forwarding, reprogram DDNS details to the new router
  • I won't get a call from my customers every time they or their ISP press the reset button requiring me to reprogram port forwarding, reprogram DDNS details
  • I won't get a call from my customers every time they change their phone to manually program the sites back into the app.
  • The end user can control access to the system and maintain privacy. They are in charge of access and get notified when an installer accesses live view, playback or configuration (via Hik-Partner Pro)
I can understand why you find it frustrating and perhaps in an ideal world basic push notifications would be available still for direct connections, the way they used to be (with a simple link for live view or playback of the event direct from the recorder)

Back