01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikivision motion dedection v2

John X

Hello , I would like a help, to tell you what I have NVR DS-7608NI-K2 8P firmware V4.74.210 built 240108 and camera DS-2CD1043G2-IUF based on the data of the cameras there is motion dedection v2,0 where it separates human and vehicle but unfortunately I haven't been able to make it work simple alarm comes as a simple movement, I'm very afraid that the nvr doesn't support the feature and I don't know if there is any firmware that adds it. We are probably going to upgrade the nvr which one would you recommend with your integrated POE.

Thanks Giannis

Last edited:
Hello , I would like a help, to tell you what I have NVR DS-7608NI-K2 8P firmware V4.74.210 built 240108 and camera DS-2CD1043G2-IUF based on the data of the cameras there is motion dedection v2,0 where it separates human and vehicle but unfortunately I haven't been able to make it work simple alarm comes as a simple movement, I'm very afraid that the nvr doesn't support the feature and I don't know if there is any firmware that adds it. We are probably going to upgrade the nvr which one would you recommend with your integrated POE.

Thanks Giannis
The NVR definitely supports it. Firstly in the event settings for motion detection you should see two boxes 'Human' and 'Vehicle' to filter the events. Make sure that both are ticked if you want 'Human' and 'Vehicles' to trigger the alarms or just 'Human'. If neither box is ticked all events are sent.

Back