01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Camera has Switched to Default 1970 Time/Date and Wont Change Back, How Do I get it Back to the Correct Time/Date?

LFNfan

Hi

I have a DS-2CD1643G0-IZ that I bought from Use-IP a number of years ago.

For a few days recently the on screen display date time has reset to 1970. Weird. I have no luck using the Time Setting dialogue to syncronise the date time to the internet time server.

I was trying again today and I saw that for about two seconds after I a) change the Syncronisation Interval' value and then b) press 'Save', the date time _does_ update to current date time but within two seconds it has flipped back to 1970.

I did some googling and it looks like the real-time clock battery might be the culprit. Plenty of videos on how to replace that in an NVR, but nothing about cameras.
Any advice about how to address this issue would be very much welcome!

Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi @LFNfan

As far as we are aware, Hikvision cameras do not have the button cell batteries like the NVRs so this is unlikely to be the issue.

Can you please confirm the firmware version your camera is currently running?

Hi @Dan
Thanks very much for your response. Interesting there is no button cell battery.
I'm sorry I made an error with the Device Type in my first post. The device type with the issue is: DS-2CD2385FWD-I (also from Use-IP).
The firmware for the camera is: Version V5.4.5 build 170124.
The encoding version is V7.3 build 17023.
Hope that helps, and again, appreciate any help you can give.

Hi @LFNfan

As I thought, you are running quite an old firmware (dates back to 2017).

We would recommend updating to each of the below firmware versions one at a time to get the camera onto the latest firmware (we don't recommend jumping to the latest version when you are this far behind as it can cause faults/glitches in the software).

V5.5.83 190221
V5.6.1 190604
V5.6.6 210625

Once on the latest firmware, the date/time settings should save correctly.

If you have never updated the camera firmware before you can use the below forum thread to help you:

Thanks Dan - I'll give it a go. Never done this before - always worry about bricking the thing.
Will follow the instructions :)

Sweet - worked like a charm - easy update process, one by one, and now the date is back to today's date and accurate time!
Many thanks for your help!

One thing I've learned is that you better list your firmware in your original post no matter what! Doesn't matter what question you are asking, @Dan @Phil @Kyle will be on it quick.

"My camera stopped working" - "What firmware are you using?

"My NVR exploded" - "What firmware are you using?"

"I was mounting my camera, fell off the ladder, and broke my arm" - "What firmware are you using?"

In this case it finally worked :)

Back