01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL camera stroboscope does not work anymore?

stripfiguur

Hello,

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LSU/SL camera with stroboscope and audio alarm.
Before i could activate the stroboscope light with the HIK-Connect app when i was live viewing.

I think, after upgrade to firmware version V5.7.10 build 220830, the stroboscope is not working anymore.
When i push the stroboscope button, the light is buring for 3 seconds and then it stops. It is not flashing anymore.
(i'm not for sure it is after the firmware upgrade, but i think so)

The Hikvision helpdesk is not answering the mail, so i hope someone on this forum can help me to solve my problem.

Does someone recognize this problem and can tell me the solution?

Many thanks,

Melvin

I think, after upgrade to firmware version V5.7.10 build 220830, the stroboscope is not working anymore.
When i push the stroboscope button, the light is buring for 3 seconds and then it stops. It is not flashing anymore.
(i'm not for sure it is after the firmware upgrade, but i think so)
Good find. I just tried it on mine and got the same result. Instead of flashing permanently until de activated, the LED comes on for 3 seconds then remains off permanently.

Another bug to report @Dan @Kyle !

Edit: I've just tried the same function (trigger strobe via Hik-Connect) on a different model of camera (DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL) and it works correctly on that one. So the issue is present on the G5 platform models with latest firmware but not on the older G3 (non c revision) platform models with 5.5.801

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. Then i know it is not a problem in my setup.
Do you have the same firmware version as me?

If i have it right, there are newer versions in the download portal? (V5.7.11_221009 and V5.7.11_220913, date 17-10-2022)

Could it be that that version has already solved the problem? I'd rather ask this before I upgrade prematurely.

Thank you for your answer. Then i know it is not a problem in my setup.
Do you have the same firmware version as me?

If i have it right, there are newer versions in the download portal? (V5.7.11_221009 and V5.7.11_220913, date 17-10-2022)

Could it be that that version has already solved the problem? I'd rather ask this before I upgrade prematurely.
Yes I'm on the same version. I've had a look at those links in the portal and it is a newer version. It's strange as usually the new firmware appears on the UK portal or on the product page first. There's nothing in the release notes that indicates it fixes that issue but you never know....

I have performed the upgrade.
I'll let you know tonight if the strobe works again. (I'm not at that location right now).

I have performed the upgrade.
I'll let you know tonight if the strobe works again. (I'm not at that location right now).
I've just made another post regarding the new firmware you found. Report any issues (and whether the bug is still there) on that one so others see. It's here:

Just to check, updating to that firmware hasn't defaulted any of the strobe light settings, has it (in Basic Event>Flashing Alarm Light Output)?

Just to check, updating to that firmware hasn't defaulted any of the strobe light settings, has it (in Basic Event>Flashing Alarm Light Output)?
No @Kyle - I checked that. Though those settings would not affect the issue as they only relate to when the strobe triggers in event. I’ve not linked an event to the strobe to check if it works normally in that respect - it probably does. The issue is manually triggering the strobe from its icon in HikConnect. It should flash continuously until the icon is clicked again/toggled to off. Instead it brings the LED on constant for 3-5 secs then self cancels, leaving the icon showing active. I tried it on a G1 and works normally so I guess a camera firmware issue rather than HikConnect app problem.

Thanks @JB1970 - I wasn't certain of those settings would influence the behavior when manually triggering the light from the app.

Hikvision Support is looking into it, I'll come back with an update :)

Quick update - Hikvision HQ has claimed the change was deliberate and said that previously the light would flash once and then stay turned off, which people complained about.

I've explained that our experience is this, and this is what people find most useful:
It should flash continuously until the icon is clicked again/toggled to off.

I'll come back with another update next week, as I've asked if it will be changed back or if there will be a way to manually set how the light behaves when triggered from Hik-Connect...

Hikvision has now confirmed that they will implement a fix for this in the next update so that the light flashes again.

Thanks again for spotting and raising this both :)

Hikvision has now confirmed that they will implement a fix for this in the next update so that the light flashes again.

Thanks again for spotting and raising this both :)
Thanks @Kyle.

Usually they say it's supposed to be that way, then fix it at a later date and call it a new feature/feature enhancement.

Edit: I'm about to post another bug that affects multiple NVR models.....

Back