01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ds-7204hqhi-k1 DVR - compatible cameras?

Amir_init

Hello All

Is there a list I can obtain as I am trying to figure out which camera would be compatible with this DVR, already have 3 cameras fitted and are using BNC connections (not POE).

Ideally want to put in a PTZ 5MP camera not fixed dome.

As always appreciate any help

Hi Dan

Thanks for the info. Are the two network ports on the dvr Poe or will I definitely need Poe injectors ?

Best regards
Amir

Hi @Amir_init

As far as we are aware, the DS-7204HQHI-K1 only has one network port on the back.

Even if your model does have two ports these will be just network LAN ports for connecting the DVR to your local network.

The IP camera(s) will need to be connected to your local network via PoE injectors (like the one I linked above) so that the NVR that is also on the local network can see the IP address(es) of the camera(s).

Hi Dan
Apologies for so many questions, this is all new to me. I work in IT but CCTV is not something I have dweleved into much.

If I connect a ip camera to my router using a Poe injector so it’s on the same ip range. Can I then add this camera to the dvr or Ivms ?

Yes, when you connect the IP camera to your router it can be assigned an IP address on your local network and you can then use that IP address to add the camera to a DVR or iVMS (as long as the DVR or PC running iVMS is on the same LAN/router as the cameras).

Thanks Dan, if I wanted to just add a fixed dome bnc camera. Which ones are compatible with this dvr ?

Hi @Amir_init

If you mean BNC analog dome cameras, we can't really recommend any specific models as we only work with IP network cameras.

From a quick search something like the DS-2CE56D8T-VPITF 2MP Dome camera would work with your DVR, but we would recommend speaking to a company that sells analog Hikvision cameras for possible other options.

if I wanted to just add a fixed dome bnc camera. Which ones are compatible with this dvr ?
The HQHI models accept Hikvision HDTVi (HD Analogue) cameras up to 2 megapixel resolution. Any Hikvision HDTVi camera up to 2 MP will work including the ColorVu and PoC (Power over Coax) models. However as your DVR is not /P model, you would still need to power the camera using a 12V DC supply. I'd recommend avoiding the dome style cameras in favour of the turret style models. The domes are prone to water marking and light hitting the dome cover causing image issues.

For a fixed lens model the DS-2CE56D8T-IT3E(2.8MM) is a good ultra low light model, though my preference would be the DS-2CE56D8T-IT3ZE as it's also an ultra low light model, is a bit sturdier (metal vs plastic) and has a motorised 2.8mm to 12mm variable-focal lens.

Back