01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-KV6113-WPE1 villa intercom set up on Milestone Xprotect

oisa

With most Hikvision/Hilook cameras, you can easily disable "do not allow illegal login" under the security tab which allows Milestone to log into Hikvision cameras, unfortunately, there is no setting with the DS-KV6113-WPE1 doorbell/intercom.

Milestone recognises the device and will show up in the setup but fails to log in which would usually mean the illegal login is enabled in the camera's settings.

Apart from contacting Hikvision to make a custom firmware, is there a workaround I am not privy to?

I have installed 20 of these doorbell cams which means my clients have to have both the Hik-connect app and Milestone running on their phones.

I am loyal to Milestone as it offers the ultimate setup for video playback and prep for the authorities.

Did you ever find a workaround?

I just bought a DS-KV8113-WME1(C) "1 Button Metal Villa Door Station" and wanted to add it into Milestone XProtect Essential+ 2023 R3 and the first step works (correctly detecting it using the HikVision generic driver) but the second step fails.

I guess manually configuring it as ONVIF with a manual stream URL is the way to go but I'm really not sure. I got it to work however, even with audio:
- Universal 1-Channel Driver (Cam+Mic)
- Connection URI: Streaming/channels/101 (it might have worked without anything in the URI field), set FPS 25
- Audio: I set codec to the correct G711 A-Law I had configured in the HikVision Door Camera and changed nothing else (no Connection URI)

Last edited:
Back