01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision IME8003 "outer door station" vs "door station" mode?

nicobar

Hello,

Playing around with two modular intercoms DS-KD8003-IME1(B) , each with a DS-KD-KP keypad, and four DS-KH8350 indoor stations (one setup as master, three as extensions)

What I am trying to do is: one door station outside the property gate, one door station at the house. Ringing from both should make all the indoor units ring. From each inside station, in Live View, Ishould be able to select which external camera to see.
Other requirement: I need separate sets of passwords (keypad pins): some should open only the outer gate, others should be able to open both.

Now I managed to have almost everything working as desired, by setting one door unit as main (no. 0) and the other as secondary (no. 1).

The remaining problem is that the "Passwords" page settings in the Intercom menu of the secondary door unit disappears the moment the unit is set as secondary. The keypad works, but only with the passwords set in the main door unit (you can no longer keep separate passwords sets to set what password opens what).

Then I came along the "outer door station" mode in the KD-8003, so I tried to set the door units like this:
- door station at the property gate as "outer door station"
- door station at the house "main door station"
By doing this, the "Passwords" page remain visible in both units, and I can then use separate sets of passwords.
But how do I connect the "outer door station" to the indoor station, since the "Device Management" page disappears?

In other words: what is the "outer door station" mode and how is it different from the "main door station", and how do you use it since the device management page disappears?

Thanks!

Back