01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision IP Cams on Different subnets. How to link to NVR please

YSJONEZ

Good day

Please see if you can give me a method and confirm firstly if it's possible to have the following:

32ch NVR at HQ Offices on switch
Some IP cams at HQ connected to same POE switch as NVR

I plan to add some IP cams at remote sites of ours. Cams will be on a different subnet by will be routed back to HQ and pingable from Same switch as NVR

How do I go about ensuring they connect remotely to NVR. Guide if possible as wel as is there a negative effect of performance of cams are on diff sub.

Additional info on the networking. Couple of the camera will be off-site, so different IP ranges to the office network which is the HQ. subnets can communicate with eachother, so I just needed to confirm with you that the NVR can connect to cameras on a remote subnet?

Also, the remote sites might not have actual internet access, they will just have local routing back to the office.

Hi @YSJONEZ

If the IP addresses of the Hikvision cameras are visible/pingable from the NVRs network then it should be possible to add those cameras manually to the NVR using their IP addresses.

Maybe try installing the Hikvision SADP Tool and see if it can detect the remote Hikvision cameras from the NVRs LAN, if it can then NVR should be able to see the cameras as well.

Back