01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision not recording all movements

silvercitymtl

We got a new Hikvision security system a few months ago and after setting it up I would do random checks every time someone would leave or enter the house to make sure that it was picking them up. On two different occasions I noticed that it did not record when someone entered the house. I thought ok this is weird but today after doing a random check I noticed that it did it again. What could be the reason for this? 99% percent of the time it works....

Hikvision PTZ cameras
We got a new Hikvision security system a few months ago and after setting it up I would do random checks every time someone would leave or enter the house to make sure that it was picking them up. On two different occasions I noticed that it did not record when someone entered the house. I thought ok this is weird but today after doing a random check I noticed that it did it again. What could be the reason for this? 99% percent of the time it works....
Have you tried adjusting the threshold and sensitivity settings?
what camera / NVR are you using?

I just put the sensitivity up to 60 from 40. I am not home right now and will look at the model numbers and post later. Thank you.

i had exactly the same. I have just installed a camera and wanted to see how clear the Amazon delivery drivers face was so i checked the replay and dragged the recording to the time. One frame the front door step is empty the next the parcel is there but no delivery driver leaving it. I did find in a setting somewhere something about recording 5s before and after and i think when watching it in event mode it seems to skip around the event marker. When i let it run in normal playback mode the delivery chap was on it so i think its either dragging the pointer jumps it too many frames or there is something to do with event mode recording/settings.

i had exactly the same. I have just installed a camera and wanted to see how clear the Amazon delivery drivers face was so i checked the replay and dragged the recording to the time. One frame the front door step is empty the next the parcel is there but no delivery driver leaving it. I did find in a setting somewhere something about recording 5s before and after and i think when watching it in event mode it seems to skip around the event marker. When i let it run in normal playback mode the delivery chap was on it so i think its either dragging the pointer jumps it too many frames or there is something to do with event mode recording/settings.
it took me a while to optimise my intrusion detection settings, the postman helped a lot. On my security cameras I record continuously to NVR and intrusion detection events to internal SD card.

Here is my NVR ERI-K104-P4. Firmware V.3.4.100_190222

I put my sensitivity up to 60 for the camera and now it is recording events every two minutes. I was wondering if I kept it at 40 and put an intrusion line would this be possible? Can I do that with this NVR?

Also, when I go online via web with either chrome, internet explorer or microsoft edge browsers I can't see my cameras. It gives me blank screen or asks me to install a plugin which I did and still nothing. We usually set up everything from the NVR which has a screen attached to it. Any advice on what I can do with that?

This is a picture of the setting. Not sure what to do with the arming schedule or what it does.

Also, when viewing any event via the hikvision app it freezes and then jumps a few seconds. Is there something I can do for that?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_5161.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5162.JPG
    IMG_5162.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5155.JPG
    IMG_5155.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited: